Hacking Already have Luma and emunand- how do I install a9lh?

LunarXDiviner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My sysnand is on 9.2 and my emunand is on latest. I currently use menuhax to launch Luma and boot into emunand.
However, apparently you need arm9loaderhax to install vc gba cias? How do I go about doing this? None of the current tutorials are set up for explaining what to do if I already have Luma.
Also, I only want to do this if gba cias really run better on old 3ds than using emulators, because I tried to play Sonic Battle on gsps and it only runs at 30fps currently.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My sysnand is on 9.2 and my emunand is on latest. I currently use menuhax to launch Luma and boot into emunand.
However, apparently you need arm9loaderhax to install vc gba cias? How do I go about doing this? None of the current tutorials are set up for explaining what to do if I already have Luma.
Also, I only want to do this if gba cias really run better on old 3ds than using emulators, because I tried to play Sonic Battle on gsps and it only runs at 30fps currently.

Follow this: https://3ds.guide/

You can install VC cias just fine right now, but they must be installed on both SysNAND and EmuNAND.

LunarXDiviner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a copy of the old guide? The new guide makes no sense to me. There isn't even an option to do things from 9.2 on this guide.

Edit, oh wait, there is, but I found the old one on wayback machine I think.

Last edited by LunarXDiviner,

LunarXDiviner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've managed to figure it out at this point and have installed a gba game on my sysnand, which runs perfectly.
And sorry Quantum, but the time you posted that I had already got my brother to torrent them.

Question though- I keep hearing people say that going to data management in sysnand will erase installed cias on emunand- is this true?

Also, is there any way to change what button boots to sysnand? Right now holding start boots hourglass, holding nothing boots emunand, and holding L boots sysnand (seems to have replaced menuhax). But my L button is degrading, so that worries me.

Edit- also, is there a way to patch games that have link cable features to recognize the 3ds's wireless as that?

Last edited by LunarXDiviner,

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've managed to figure it out at this point and have installed a gba game on my sysnand, which runs perfectly.
And sorry Quantum, but the time you posted that I had already got my brother to torrent them.

Question though- I keep hearing people say that going to data management in sysnand will erase installed cias on emunand- is this true?

Also, is there any way to change what button boots to sysnand? Right now holding start boots hourglass, holding nothing boots emunand, and holding L boots sysnand (seems to have replaced menuhax). But my L button is degrading, so that worries me.

Edit- also, is there a way to patch games that have link cable features to recognize the 3ds's wireless as that?

If on luma hold select on boot to setup options

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse