Almost All Details DSI

P

pasc

kewl ! I really want a DSI now... I wish that it could be region free for the games at least and sport an multilingual interface... I want to import one for christmas now that I know it will support WPA x.D

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Sigh,* why do they want to make it so thin? Because of that, there is no GBA slot...
frown.gif

P

pasc

yep WPA ^^ I want it even more now too xD, damn Nintendo for delaying it over here in europe... maybe I should import it if it comes out in NA ?

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me or is nintendo turning into a shell of it's former self? I keep waiting for them to announce something that I can get excited about, but... they just aren't. All those years of rebutting claims that Nintendo caters to kids and now I'm starting to think it's becoming true.

l19.jpg

blink.gif
I'm a 21 year old man; do I need one of these then or...?

I'd be less critical if the few non-"kid/soccer mom" titles that they are offering, atleast looked promising. I don't know, seems like they are just phoning it in. What makes the new Animal crossing new? It has a city section, where you can get your hair done...
cry.gif
Why nintendo?

At this rate, I'm actually glad they aren't making another Zelda. It would seriously hurt my inner child if I had to endure the image of Link watering plants, singing to fairies or any other bastardized attempt at mass-marketability at the expense of nintendo's once cherished commitment to quality.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Prophet said:
Is it just me or is nintendo turning into a shell of it's former self? I keep waiting for them to announce something that I can get excited about, but... they just aren't. All those years of rebutting claims that Nintendo caters to kids and now I'm starting to think it's becoming true.

l19.jpg

blink.gif
I'm a 21 year old man; do I need one of these then or...?

I'd be less critical if the few non-"kid/soccer mom" titles that they are offering, atleast looked promising. I don't know, seems like they are just phoning it in. What makes the new Animal crossing new? It has a city section, where you can get your hair done...
cry.gif
Why nintendo?

At this rate, I'm actually glad they aren't making another Zelda. It would seriously hurt my inner child if I had to endure the image of Link watering plants, singing to fairies or any other bastardized attempt at mass-marketability at the expense of nintendo's once cherished commitment to quality.

The funny thing about this, you refer to nintendo being awesome when you were a kid but now you're bummed out that all nintendo does is cater to kids...
This is what kids want. They don't want awesome gameplay. This is the age of uber 3d graphics... When you were a kid there probably was nothing else.
8-bit vs the photo realistic graphics of tomorow... What do you think kids will go for?

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
oh wow, now i want it a heck of a lot more than before. before i just wanted it because im a geek who loves nintendo oh so much. but now im like, really interested! I first got the cyclo for all the homebrew! but now a flashcart is useless unless you want to pirate/keep games organized. and still, i barely play games on my DS because i animate and play music more!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nin10doFan said:
*Sigh,* why do they want to make it so thin? Because of that, there is no GBA slot...
frown.gif

The answer's in the question. It's probably less a matter of making the DS thinner, and more a matter of removing the GBA slot. By removing the GBA slot and adding an SD slot, Nintendo guarantees themselves renewed sales of old GBA games...games they've already sold a ton of. Sure, they'll likely be priced at around $8 each, but when you can sell 100k-1 million copies for $8 a piece that would otherwise go out of print and be forgotten about -- damn, it's a pretty smart strategy. So, they resell us basically the same hardware we already own, with some improvements that are nice but unnecessary, and then also sell us old software many of us already own on GBA carts. Typical Nintendo.

P

pasc

add to that that some of those gbagames aren't available anywhere except on ebay and you got something.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't know why people would use their DS as an Music player... But I wonder why they're doing the AAC thing again when more people seem to use MP3s.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
TheWingless said:
I wouldn't know why people would use their DS as an Music player... But I wonder why they're doing the AAC thing again when more people seem to use MP3s.
No licenses are needed to use AAC, licenses are needed (that means more $$$ out of Nintendo's pocket) to use MP3.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
myuusmeow said:
TheWingless said:
No licenses are needed to use AAC, licenses are needed (that means more $$$ out of Nintendo's pocket) to use MP3.

Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime has said that the reason the Nintendo DSi supports the AAC music format instead of MP3 is so that "you can control the speed of the playback". This is apparently the only reason.

AAC is better anyway, quality wise.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
myuusmeow said:
TheWingless said:
I thought AAC came with some sort of license fees, as well.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I like it, the the opera browser is way faster then the cartridge one. But I don`t get, why they implemented bigger screen. Doesn`t that result in a less sharp picture...

P

pasc

no.. the original DS games (and the ones that work on the old DS's) will have a black border, and the DSi exclusive titles are made for the DSi specifically.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?