Hacking Allowed to use EmuNAND from one 3ds to another identical 3dS?

Jmes1991

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's say I got two New 3DS XLs (black and red) that support gateway. If I create an emunand for the black New 3DS XL, would I be able to move the microSD card of the black N3DS XL containing the emunand into the Red N3DS XL and run that EmuNAND? (Assuming both are of the same firmware 9.0)

I'm asking because my N3DSXL was recently either stolen or lost, but I have a back up of emunand on my computer that I can inject into another Another microSD CARD. I just wonder if all of my data is gone and lost for good or if I'm still able to use my backed up emunand and continue off from where I left off on another N3DS XL.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, your emuNAND is lost, yes, but your saved games and such should still be salvagable. You will have to re-create and reinstall all of your items, but if you're worried about saved games you should be able to get them from your Nintendo3DS/randomcharacters folder. I don't know the exact path but it's listed in a few places in this forum.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So lets say I want to have the same stuff on another n3ds XL, its not as simple as

1) Format emunand on a new n3dsxl
2) Copy Nintendo 3ds folder from another backup to the new n3dsxl
3) boot into emunand

what would happen if i did that?

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So lets say I want to have the same stuff on another n3ds XL, its not as simple as

1) Format emunand on a new n3dsxl
2) Copy Nintendo 3ds folder from another backup to the new n3dsxl
3) boot into emunand

what would happen if i did that?

Your 3DS would proceed to create Home Management stuff, and would not read the folder you copied over due to the fact it is only usable on the console it came from.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?