Allowed to use EmuNAND from one 3ds to another identical 3dS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Jmes1991, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Jmes1991
    OP

Jmes1991 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2011
    United States
    Let's say I got two New 3DS XLs (black and red) that support gateway. If I create an emunand for the black New 3DS XL, would I be able to move the microSD card of the black N3DS XL containing the emunand into the Red N3DS XL and run that EmuNAND? (Assuming both are of the same firmware 9.0)

I'm asking because my N3DSXL was recently either stolen or lost, but I have a back up of emunand on my computer that I can inject into another Another microSD CARD. I just wonder if all of my data is gone and lost for good or if I'm still able to use my backed up emunand and continue off from where I left off on another N3DS XL.

2. Nollog

Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2008
    You can use the micro sd card back and forth, but it won't boot the same emunand.

3. NicEXE

NicEXE GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2009
    Cyprus
    A single nand state is only usable on a single (at most) 3ds. So no.

4. Jmes1991
    OP

Jmes1991 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2011
    United States
    Thanks for the reply guys, I'm extremely bummed out :sad:

5. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Well, your emuNAND is lost, yes, but your saved games and such should still be salvagable. You will have to re-create and reinstall all of your items, but if you're worried about saved games you should be able to get them from your Nintendo3DS/randomcharacters folder. I don't know the exact path but it's listed in a few places in this forum.

6. Ralph1611

Ralph1611 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    So lets say I want to have the same stuff on another n3ds XL, its not as simple as

1) Format emunand on a new n3dsxl
    2) Copy Nintendo 3ds folder from another backup to the new n3dsxl
    3) boot into emunand

what would happen if i did that?

7. Plasma Shadow

Plasma Shadow GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform

May 15, 2009
    I have no fucking idea.
    Your 3DS would proceed to create Home Management stuff, and would not read the folder you copied over due to the fact it is only usable on the console it came from.