Suggestion Allow user to set "reason" for deleting profile posts

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by TotalInsanity4, Dec 9, 2016.

1. TotalInsanity4
    OP

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    As it stands, moderators can leave a reason for why they delete public forum posts, but users can't do that on their own profile. It'd be nice if that could be changed, even if it's just a private notification the person on the receiving end gets

2. Seriel

Seriel Worshipper of Skiddos

Aug 18, 2015
    United Kingdom
    UK
    Well you can put a reason, it's just... not publicly shown anywhere after.
    [​IMG]

3. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian derp

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    You can set a reason, it's just not visible because there's really no reason to make it visible. Mods only drop a little message to just give a quick reason why a post was deleted. They actually don't have to, they just do mostly to make people happy.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  4. Seriel

Seriel Worshipper of Skiddos

Aug 18, 2015
    United Kingdom
    UK
    I would imagine that the mods themselves can see the reasons we put for deleting profile posts, but otherwise they serve no purpose really.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  5. TotalInsanity4
    OP

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Oh, interesting. I suppose I have noticed that. It'd be nice if it extended to replies to posts as well, though

Edit: And, obviously, it'd be nice if at least the person on the receiving end got some sort of notification as opposed to just having it deleted with no reason given

Seriel likes this.