Allison Road - Silent Hills Spiritual Successor

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Walker D, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Walker D
    OP

Walker D I have a hat

Nov 15, 2009
    Brazil
    My home
    [​IMG]

Allison Road, the Fan Project to emulate the Silent Hills vibe in a whole new game, has a new GamePlay video for us to watch.

Maybe you don't know about this project, but it already shows a lot of potential. This game is being developed in Unreal Engine 4, by Lilith Ltd, a newly founded UK game studio
    ...and it's quite interesting ...make sure to check it below.

More about the trailer, from the Devs:

You can gather more info about this project from the Dev's Facebook

chavosaur likes this.
  2. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Give it to me

Fucking let me have it noooowwwww

Walker D likes this.
  3. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Just a note for anyone thinking this might be an actual "Silent Hills" spiritual successor, it's not, this game will be a spiritual successor to P.T, which was just a playable teaser for the engine Silent Hills was going to use.

Just so people don't get confused and expect a 20 hour game about a creepy town that changes with scary monsters and stuff :P

EDIT: Which is still awesome, I would love to get my hands on this when it releases

4. Walker D
    OP

Walker D I have a hat

Nov 15, 2009
    Brazil
    My home
    uh... it will actually (at least it's what Devs are implying)

First, that playable teaser (P.T.) is all that we know about what the Silent Hills game was. ...probably why this gameplay teaser references that. The Allison Road trailer don't even shows a part of the actual game though (it's just a separated thing that exemplifies the core mechanics and visuals that will be in the game).. ..so who knows what will actually be in the game ...I can't say that it will not have a town for you to go by, only based on the trailer even...

Also, Silent Hills =/= the whole Silent Hill franchise

5. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    First, literally the only point of P.T. was to show off the engine being used for Silent Hills, it had 0 relation at all towards Silent Hills and what Silent Hills might have been.
    This game is, by all evidence and gameplay videos provided by the developers, a spiritual successor to the P.T. demo, not Silent Hills. Especially because we have no idea what Silent Hills might have even been (besides a new Silent Hill game) since it got scrapped before anything of note was even shown.

6. Walker D
    OP

Walker D I have a hat

Nov 15, 2009
    Brazil
    My home
    But I said that ......right? :P

And, that we don't know yet if it'll be restricted to that house or not... ..the gameplay videos don't show the real game yet (maybe also as P.T didn't?).