Allison Road Leaves Kickstarter in favor of Team17

You might remember Allison Road from the prototype gameplay that followed the announcement of the cancellation of Silent Hills and the removal of P.T., the playable teaser that inspired the game, from the PSN Store. Around the end of September, developer Lilith Ltd. started up a Kickstarter to fund the game development, raising £145,959 (or ~$224,000 USD) towards the game development.

And now Lilith Ltd. has announced that instead of going for the newfangled crowdfunding way of game development, they decided to cancel the Kickstarter and partner up with Team17, the devs/publishers of the popular Worms games (among others).

From the Kickstarter update:
We are delighted to announce that we will be joining Team17’s highly successful games label.

If you don’t know who Team17 are, they are most known for their Worms franchise, however, they run a fully independent games label. For us it’s an incredible opportunity to be part of a label that looks after not only such a massive gaming franchise, but also supports developers like Playtonic,Mouldy Toof and many others.

Working with Team17 will give us the chance to make our game unhindered creatively, but at the same time will give us the resources, support and experience that only a 25 year old studio can give.

Great news for Lilith Ltd, but what about those who already donated money to the Kickstarter? Of course, as per Kickstarter terms the money will be refunded, but what about the rewards?
Lilith Ltd. said:
For all of you that have pledged already for in game rewards, we absolutely promise you that we will look at ways outside of Kickstarter that will allow you to be involved in the game at a later date.

Definitely an interesting turn of events for the horror game, I'm curious to see how much/if Team17 will try to change anything in the game before release.

:arrow:Source

Reactions: HaloEffect17

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pledged for this game too. There's no reason they could of continued the kickstarter AND stuck with Team17 for publishing. I know they will be treated right under their care but I feel cheated that they pulled the plug on the kickstarter before it ended.

Reactions: HaloEffect17

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no reason they could of continued the kickstarter AND stuck with Team17 for publishing.

I'm sure there were some legal reasons for this or they would have kept it going. Corporations can easily put all of that crowdfunding money into different buckets and areas of their business not dedicated directly to that specific games development, which would cause a big headache for them come tax time.

Last edited by Maximilious,

deakphreak

Spiffy Hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never knew about this game until now. I am a huge fan of horror games and have played all the Silent Hill games. This has the same vibe as PT and really look forward to it in the future! I have yet to find a game that really makes me scared which is what I am after. Fatal Frame was close. PT was the closest one so far.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been a fan of Team17 since their beginnings (I still own EVERY Amiga title they released, minus the CD32 releases), and am always keen to see what pies they have their fingers in... but, as much as I loved their glory days, I'm well aware they're not the 'brand' that they used to be.
I really hope this is good news for a game that, although promising, has been shrouded in gloom so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2: