All USB loaders kill/freeze DVD drive

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by vball23, Jun 9, 2010.

Jun 9, 2010
  1. vball23

Newcomer vball23 Newbie

Jun 9, 2010
    United States
    I have a D2pro D2e with wiiclip on my Wii. This has worked fairly well for a couple years. I have recently went about adding a USB hdd so I can run the games from images there. I have this working, using either HomeBrew loaders or a loader installed as a channel.

Here is the problem I'm running into:

I want to rip/install some of the games I have on disc, originals and backups to the USB hdd. If I remove the D2pro chip, I can copy original discs flawlessly. If I have the D2pro installed, any usb loader I start up, kills the DVD drive. The D2pro chip turns on a solid red light and the disc slot blinks blue erratically. This is for original and backups. The usb loader will not read the DVD and at this point, I can't eject the disc either. I have to reset the Wii, and usually have to pull the power plug several times to get it working properly again. Also, sometimes I can't even run a game from the USB loader when the D2pro chip is installed and the DVD drive becomes screwed.

Should I be able to have the mod chip installed and install games from discs with a USB loader? If so, what could be my problem? Firmware/code for the mod chip? Wrong/bad IOS? What?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
  2. PsyBlade

Member PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Jul 30, 2009
    Sol III
    the easy solution would the to leave it out
    it does nothing softmods cant

but i guess you dont want that

i dont know much about modchips but many can be configured
    try disabling some options, iirc update blocking was problematic