Homebrew ...all this for nothing!? Aftermath of 3DS System Transfer. (DSiWare Downgrade)

KytuzuEX

Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Just call nintendo, tell them you lost your 3ds, transfer your nnid back to your 2ds, wait a week and this time don't transfer your sd data.
After the transfer, the target N3DS didn't receive anything including the NNID of my 2DS. Either the two got nothing. The 2DS did what is supposed to do but my N3DS didn't.

So it was an utterly waste of time.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

UPDATE,

Now look, my 2DS says that the NNID cannot be usable on this console. GREAT!

Last edited by KytuzuEX,

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
current dsiware downgrades require you to read every step to the point, if you cant handle doing everything precisely right thats fine, buy a hardmod or wait for slowhax if on 11.0 or 11.1.

personally i dsiware nfirm downgraded my 11.2 n3DS with no issues, took me a full weekend to get everything done though
When slowhax comes out, will there be a need for a dsiware game still?

KytuzuEX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Oh... Slowhax, then great! but...

When I try to re-link the NNID of my 2DS, it says that another console already "has it".
How's that possible if my N3DS doesn't have it?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States

When I try to re-link the NNID of my 2DS, it says that another console already "has it".
You probably didn't format the target system before starting the transfer. Probably need to call nintendo now for that slight oversight.

KytuzuEX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
You probably didn't format the target system before starting the transfer. Probably need to call nintendo now for that slight oversight.
True, I just bought it new. I completed the initial setup so it was with nothing inside.

So I thought it didn't matter to format because the N3DS is new.

Still, I am going to call Ninty and tell them that I "lost" my console. I want the NNID back to the 2DS.

Reactions: Jayro

Randgriz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i did the same process some days ago and i also didnt format because you only have to do it if you have an NNID setup in the target 3ds or thats what the guide says

maybe just bad luck with that error? i did the sd transfer with local wireless and everything went well hope you can have your 2ds NNID working again

Reactions: KytuzuEX

eldavo2090

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

this is why i said you had to call nintendo...
Also if your 2ds is still hacked, run decrypt9 and install a clean nnid sav so you can link your nnid again AFTER you call nintendo and they unlink your account

JCCG1989

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
True, I just bought it new. I completed the initial setup so it was with nothing inside.

So I thought it didn't matter to format because the N3DS is new.

Still, I am going to call Ninty and tell them that I "lost" my console. I want the NNID back to the 2DS.

Lets just be plain here, you were lazy. Everybody knows 2 big facts here, the transfer system is slow so you need to light the memory to make it fast and big archives have more tendence to corrupt in transfers because larger transfer times. Those concepts apply in everyting and that is NOT the guide responsability to clarify. The DSiWare method is safe when you know what are you doing.

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You were supposed to do a PC transfer, although the guide could be clearer on the matter:
  • Do NOT delete the source system’s SD card contents if prompted
Although as others pointed out, its pretty obvious that the 3DS just isn't capable of transferring huge amounts of data reliably through its Wifi.

Last edited by SaffronXL,

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you do an offline system transfer with the PC or whatever? (And why wasn't I ever prompted?)
It only is available when transferring o3ds to n3ds, as a way to move your standard SD card's data to a microSD. The tickets and other security crap are still transferred over WiFi. That shouldn't ever take more than 20 minutes or so.
If you're planning on downgrading an n3ds with an o3ds, it's a good idea to move your SD card data to the microSD in advance and to use a microSD to SD adapter in your o3ds. You would still select PC transfer, but then you can just swap cards, and keep the transfer process as quick as possible (under a half hour).

Edited for accuracy, my bad.

Last edited by SaffronXL,

McWhiters9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same happened to me. 15 Euros wasted and 8 hours wasted. I dont trust the DSi downgrade anymore
it works if u do it right lol
My SD Card was quite big. I used local sd transfer so... yeah
clear up any uneeded stuff on ur sd card before the transfer before hand next time

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
It only is available when transferring o3ds to n3ds, as a way to move your standard SD card's data to a microSD. The tickets and other security crap are still transferred over WiFi. That shouldn't ever take more than 20 minutes or so.
If you're planning on downgrading an n3ds with an o3ds, it's a good idea to move your SD card data to the microSD in advance and to use a microSD to SD adapter in your o3ds. You would still select PC transfer, but then you can just swap cards, and keep the transfer process as quick as possible (under a half hour).

Edited for accuracy, my bad.
Ah. Well I've purposely went with a 128GB microSD for my 2DS for the future N3DS upgrade. I think the timing is right for me to buy one now that they're under $100.

Reactions: SaffronXL

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had no issues transferring anything lol

Granted all my 3DS had to transfer was the DSiWare title and my FC Data (only took like 8 min to do the entire system transfer for me)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I downloaded Steel Diver from the E-Shop.
/ :wtf: \
Anyways, I'm going to do that then. Just in case.
If you downloaded it from the eshop with a banned system, you downloaded a bad version since you can't download free games without a NNID linked and you can't link a NNID with a banned system

You need to BUY legends of exidia, can't use freeshop version, also can't use the other dsiware title you're talking about since I'm pretty sure that game needs to be the ambassador 3DS version

This was entirely user error i'm pretty sure

Reactions: KunoichiZ

KytuzuEX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
If you downloaded it from the eshop with a banned system, you downloaded a bad version since you can't download free games without a NNID linked and you can't link a NNID with a banned system

You need to BUY legends of exidia, can't use freeshop version, also can't use the other dsiware title you're talking about since I'm pretty sure that game needs to be the ambassador 3DS version

This was entirely user error i'm pretty sure
The 2DS is barely new with A9LH because my sister never cared for Eshop and Miiverse so I created a new NNID. That's why I'm using it instead of my main 3DS that got banned.

and the game Legend of Zelda Four Swords anniversary edition is from my sister's DSi, I had that bright light of hope. So I transferred it in order to do this.

Since my banned 3DS also has that game but is BANNED, so no.
The fact is that I can't transfer back because 1 week and New 3DS to Old 3DS it's impossible; I have to rely on Ninty's email now...

If Ninty doesn't ever send that email, I have to wait for Slowhax and use Four Swords since is in the new NNID I just did on the 2DS to N3DS

Last edited by KytuzuEX,

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 2DS is barely new with A9LH because my sister never cared for Eshop and Miiverse so I created a new NNID. That's why I'm using it instead of my main 3DS that got banned.

and the game Legend of Zelda Four Swords anniversary edition is from my sister's DSi, I had that bright light of hope. So I transferred it in order to do this.

Since my banned 3DS also has that game but is BANNED, so no.
You gotta follow the steps lol, can't blame the method, but it says "Purchase one of the following exploitable DSiWare games (a pirated copy of the game will not work) on the source 3DS" I'm sure that if DSi transferred version of four swords worked Plai would've said so

Reactions: eldavo2090

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1