All .sav files corrupted that I copied from DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Distrance, May 11, 2009.

May 11, 2009
  1. Distrance
    OP

Member Distrance GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    Well meh... I played various games on my bro's DS few months ago, but now he wont let me use his DS anymore.. ( lol ). I copied the games and .sav files from the R4 to my computer, but when running the games, the Load button is either greyed out, or the game says that the save file is corrupted.

I tried Savegames converter, I put source as R4, and Target as no$gba.sav, but it still doesn't work. Any ideas what to do ? Any help would be appreciated.. [​IMG]

2. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    no$gba.ini, find this line:

Code:
    SAV/SNA File Format == Uncompressed
    Change it to this:

Code:
    SAV/SNA File Format == Raw

3. Distrance
    OP

Finland
    Should I convert them to something first ? Because writing that line doesn't help :/. I tried the games on DS and they work so the save files aren't corrupted to begin with..

Any more help ? [​IMG]

Edit : And when using converter, should I put Raw or R4 as source format, since the flashcard I used is R4.. ?

4. Vague Rant

Australia
    Are you using no$gba 2.6? If so, you need to set the save size manually, it can't autodetect save sizes.

5. Distrance
    OP

Finland
    2.6a if that makes any difference. And savesize to what ... 512kb ? From where ?

And like I said.. What's the Source, and what's the Target format with Savegames Converter, or do I even need to use it ?

6. Vague Rant

Australia
    Save size should be set to Auto, and you shouldn't need to use any kind of converter. Where are you putting the saves?

7. Distrance
    OP

Finland
    It's on auto from the options. It doesn't even start the games with any other option. Sav files are on the folder I created on the desktop, the game files are on the same folder aswell. I also tried copying the game files to the folder no$gba is in, but it still doesn't work.. wtf x_X

8. Vague Rant

Australia
    Save files for no$gba go in the /BATTERY folder inside your no$gba folder.

9. Jimen

Newcomer Jimen Member

United States
    To clarify, there are several save types a game can use (and some of the types come in multiple sizes). Most flashcards will automatically detect that and handle things behind the scenes for you, but no$gba won't - you have to set the save options manually, or the game will be unable to use anything relating to saves. To do so, load the game you wish to play as usual, then go to the Emulation Options menu; in the left column, the second option from the bottom will be a dropdown box titled "NDS Cartridge Backup Media"; choose the appropriate save type from the box, press OK, and reset the game to apply the changes. To find the save type for each game, I use this site: http://releases.pocketheaven.com/?system=n...on=release_list

10. Vague Rant

Australia
    You're only correct if you assume that he uses version 2.6 or below. He has already stated that he's using 2.6a, which does detect save size. Therefore, none of that information is useful to him as a 2.6a user.

11. Distrance
    OP

Finland
    Yay it works. Had no idea they belong to the Battery folder ( This explains why I couldnt find my savefiles earlier from my older PC.. ). Huge thanks to you Vague Rant [​IMG].

12. Vague Rant

Australia
    Hehe, glad I could help, just a shame it took us a week to figure out. [​IMG]