All PSN games/demos/etc purchasable on any browser.

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Xuphor, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Xuphor
    OP

Xuphor I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.

Banned
    Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    [​IMG]

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/home/games

They've finally release their new website which lets you purchase, select downloads, etc via any internet browser. Sadly, you can NOT tell your PS3 to turn on remotly via website yet.

Still, as anyone with a horrendously slow internet connection (ahem) can tell you, the new PS Store on the PS3 itself can take upwards of 5 minutes just to load everything. This option is significantly better/faster for people with slow internet.

Also, when you make purchases/select downloads on your account on that website, they will (should, I have yet to try) appear on your "Download Management" *See Edit 2* on the PS3, making going to the store on the PS3 itself completely uneeded anymore.

EDIT: You can also redeem codes via that site too. Just tested that, worked fine.

EDIT 2: They do not appear there. They appear on the PS3 in Account Management -> Download List. Then you can click to download them. It still 100% avoids using the PS Store on the PS3, so it's still a FAAAAR better way of browsing PSN.

chartube12 and 431unknown like this.

2. Kiaku

Kiaku GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    United States
    Does this apply for PSVita, too? If so, then would I still need to update the Vita in order to download the games through this method?

3. Xuphor
    OP

Xuphor I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.

Banned
    Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    Yes. All PSN things, movie, game, vita, psp, ps3, anything on PSN.

4. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    Finally!
    I been waiting forever since the new horrible PS3 store update.

chartube12 likes this.
  5. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    Bookmarked. Better going through a website than that sluggish new PS3 store.

6. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Aw, can't download vita games onto PC, so this doesn't help me much since Media Go could let me DL my PSP games...and I can just get ISOs anyway. Ah well. Kinda figured they wouldn't let the store support piracy.

7. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Why do people hate the PSN Store on the PS3? I never found any issues with it. I mean it won't be as good a UI as the Wii or Wii U purely because it's not centered on motion controls/tablet controls but for a standard DualShock-controlled store I thought it worked fine.

Arras likes this.
  8. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    I guess people are desperate to use PS-Nything but the PS3's store.

9. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    *me tries to visit site
    Um... Okay. I'll stick with the PS3 Store, it seems.

10. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    They remade the store a few months ago, and it's been a lot slower/less responsive than before the update. And about the visual changes...well people are just allergic to change. Personally I like the new look, but it shouldn't come at the cost of slower loading times.

11. Issac

Issac oh!

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Well, at least a long time ago there were differences between the European and American shop, but I guess it still was different before the recent change. I don't like the new system solely because I have to go to the right a few screens of advertisement to get to the "new games" lists and all that. and each screen takes a few minutes to load. And while looking at the info of a game, and want to scroll the text, I can't select the info-tab and press X, but have to press right... (or something, can't remember atm) it was different from how it was previously in any case, and was less intuitive for me.
    (I think the WiiU shop design is horrible as well, mind you.)

Edit: About loading times... I have a 25 Mbps connection... shouldn't be so slow

12. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I dunno, it hasn't been slow for me, at least not noticeably so.

13. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    Yeah I have a 50Mbps connection and I'm still having issues with the PS3 store being slow (while the webstore+Vita store seems to load just fine). I highly doubt that this is my connection, and I don't remember the old store with my previous 7.5Mbps connection being as slow as the new store.

14. koimayeul

koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 2, 2009
    France
    France
    Nice, a lot more convenient indeed. Though almost unusable in France without the use of prepaid cards, I'm still waiting on those 25 bucks through paypal to get in my wallet err.. >.<

15. Hop2089

Hop2089 Cute>Hot

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    I'm surprised this isn't avaliable in Japan yet, well it'll come soon enough and once it does, I can get DLC on my Vita easy without wi-fi.

16. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    'Any' browser? From my tests last night I think it needs Silverlight for PC browsers, not sure about mobile phones although I believe I heard people say it didn't work on their phones either. Regardless, it didn't work on Chrome or Firefox on my Linux Mint machine, but worked with the WINE setup for the Netflix 'desktop app'.

17. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I use the SEN Store on Chrome with no issues... for quite some time, too - it started off in Europe even before the UNO exploit.

18. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    I'm sure it works on Chrome for Windows and probably OSX, but I've tried both the US and EU versions on Chrome for Linux without any success.

19. B-Blue

B-Blue slut

GBAtemp Patron
    B-Blue is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2006
    Antarctica
    It's quite nice actually. I like it.

20. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    The Wii Shop UI was terrible. Like, it worked and looked pretty decent, but it was slow as hell, you could only install one thing at a time and no queuing. Reinstalling your old games you deleted because tiny hard drive one by one is the WORST THING EVER.

B-Blue likes this.