All PS3 games are now bootable on PS3 emulator RPCS3

gb49GDVA_400x400.jpg

The PlayStation 3 emulator RPCS3 hit a new milestone today as the team announced that all known games released on the PS3 will now boot. While, of course, this does not mean that all PS3 games are playable, it is still significant progress, especially given how notoriously difficult the PS3 is to emulate.

On their website, the RPCS3 team breaks down game compatibility into five categories: playable, meaning the game can be played with reasonable performance to completion; in-game, meaning it is playable to a point, but cannot be completed; intro, meaning it will load an image but won't get to gameplay; loadable, meaning it will only display a black screen and a framerate counter; and nothing, meaning it won't initialize at all, and possibly crash the emulator. Of the 3233 games in their compatibility list, about 63% of them are playable to completion on RPCS3, and about 30% are playable in some form. This means that about 5% stop at the main menu, and only six remain in the loading category. According to their Tweet, they will now begin working on clearing those last six titles out of the loading category.

ElSasori69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
That's awesome unfortunately It seem it still doesn't support for Emulation from disc, I have a fair amount of games and It would be awesome to emulate them I even have a compatible BD Drive (LG BH16NS40) I still have my console, but damm, It would be cool to play right on my PC.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting.. though i see the performance is where it'll need much more work put into it, to make a decent library games to be in a playable state (at least).

sley

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry for my cluelessness but what is the pcsx2 situation you're talking about? I've used it not many times but it didn't look like there was a problem or anything. I'm asking out of curiosity really.
Basically pcsx2 in early days was inaccurate and relied heavily on game specific speedhacks, so that popular games could run well.
Of course that was a decade ago now its gotten much better

Reactions: harryazawa

harryazawa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Basically pcsx2 in early days was inaccurate and relied heavily on game specific speedhacks, so that popular games could run well.
oh that's interesting, didn't know that. hopefully the ps3 one will do better as it seems it is.

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Speaking about that, is Ratchet & Clank fully fixed on PCSX2? Like "flashing/flickering" eyes and many more issues....

BTW now is time to find the games that RPCS3 doesnt list on the "Compatibility List"...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Anybody here?