Hacking all of these game *backups* have gotten me... bord

serg0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem with my DS, thats why I dont want to chip my wii. Ill be buying Super Paper Mario tomorrow.
wink.gif

modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States

directive0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hate to sound like Wii Sports, but you know if you're bored of your game system it might be a good time to go outside for a walk? Maybe play some of those sports in real life with actual people? Your horrible scarred and burnt Wii will be waiting for you after and maybe your interest in games will be renewed. Either way, complaining about how GOOD you have things on the internet, and lamenting your life of wanton excess may be a bit of a waste of the precious hours of youth that you will never get back!

only yankin' your chain, shroomer.

modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
Hate to sound like Wii Sports, but you know if you're bored of your game system it might be a good time to go outside for a walk? Maybe play some of those sports in real life with actual people? Your horrible scarred and burnt Wii will be waiting for you after and maybe your interest in games will be renewed. Either way, complaining about how GOOD you have things on the internet, and lamenting your life of wanton excess may be a bit of a waste of the precious hours of youth that you will never get back!

only yankin' your chain, shroomer.
who says im constantly gaming or on the internet?

i have friends... and a life.

EddyB

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got the Virus too but I don't care, I've got about 25 - 30 backups which I played for about 10 mins each and 5 origionals (Zelda, Wario, Sports, Play and Excite) which I completed.

The is not one backup I realy like, Metal slug is kinda fun but the rest sucks.

I have got a gamecube and about 50 origional games which I mostely bought couse I was bored, a lot of the games suck big time which costs me €60 every time. Now that I play backups it doesnt cost me shit to find out a game sucks
laugh.gif

When a game comes out and I know its gonna be good (Brawl, Zelda, Metroid, Mario) I'm the first one to buy it, but for the rest.. I aint waitin' my beer money no more
grog.gif

coops024

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK !

Just going to add my 2 pence !

The first ever machine I was able to play backups for is the DS - I got the DS-Xtreme about 6 months ago and have every back up available on my PC (yes even the Jap games) and sometimes 2 copies of the same game, the (E) and (U) releases !

Why? well apart from the fact that they come down from the Internet in Rom sets of 50 Roms ! and its easier that way ! I want to have the complete colection !

I own 7 original carts for the DS but havent bought a new game since I got the DS-X

The list of games Ive beat on my DS-x are :

Super Princess Peach
42 all time Classics (Club house Games)
MPH
Children of Mana
Mario Hoops 3 on 3
Tetris DS
Starfox DS
Hotel Dusk Room 215
Age of Empires
Didy Kong Racing
Mario vs DK 2 (motm)

Yes I get bored of Games easier ... but thats because there are over 800 roms available on the DS. But when you think that Ive beat 11 games in 6 months on one system thats not bad going !

So what I think I m trying to say is that even tho I get board of games very easily now I would never have been able to buy 11 games in 6 months ... let alone beat them !

So maybee were all just looking at the amount of games we play compared to the amount we have on the hard drive !

bwaaatch

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's worth noting that this syndrome is not only a symptom of access to backups. I find that I will buy games secondhand (from game stores, or car boot sales, even on ebay) or even NEW and never even play them.
The fact is, the thrill of ownership is a big one in our society -- whether you paid for it, worked for it or downloaded it for free.
If I sat down to play the games I actually paid for I wouldn't move from my sofa for at least a year, but I kind of like knowing they are there if and when I feel the urge. I'm part of an 'always-on' society, and that means I think I should have access to whatever I want, whenever I want it -- that's what the ad man tells me! But the reality is that access to what you are after is never as easy as is made out -- and for some of us, there's a thrill is in the struggle to make 'always-on' seem like a reality.

or something

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think its more about being overwhelmed by choice.
I wish I hadn't bought as many games at the start for my Wii.
I now have 9 games and 1 pre-ordered plus 4 VC games, but I haven't completed any of them.
Some I have barely played, some are a bit crap but that won't stop me playing them.

fallout1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem with my XBOX, cakes and cakes of DVDRs that I'd never play.. My approach to the WII is a bit different.. I only download games that interest me. Sure, you end up with a lot less games but you do tend to actually play them.. No sense in having tons of shitty games.. YMMV...

-F0

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I had this problem with my XBOX, cakes and cakes of DVDRs that I'd never play.. My approach to the WII is a bit different.. I only download games that interest me. Sure, you end up with a lot less games but you do tend to actually play them.. No sense in having tons of shitty games.. YMMV...

-F0

i agree 100% i only download games that i'm intrested in.

qusai

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With me, I just burn em, check if they work then put it in my CD case. It's not that I have this 'syndrome' it's just getting busy with college and all. Once this semester is over I'll be playing every single game I've downloaded!

modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
1. SSX Blur
2. Need for Speed Carbon
3. Wii Play
4. Super Monkey Ball Bannana Blitz
5. Excite Truck
6. Sonic and The Secret Rings
7. Rapla Fishing Tournament
8. Trauma Center: Second Opinion
9. Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
10. The God Father: Blackhand Edition
11. Dragon Ball Z Budockai Tenkachi 2
12. Elebits
13. Rayman Raging Rabbits
14. Metal Slug Anthology
15. Cooking Mama
16. Far Cry Vengance
17. Wing Island
18. complete snes disk
19. Metal Of Honor Vanguard
20. Prince of Persia

those are all the games im bored off... thats sad.

please take me away paper mario!

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Hopefully Paper Mario fills the gap otherwise I will be taking a cheese order to go with your whine!

If that fails here is a suggestion for you. Take those 20 discs and flip them over so you can't see the labels. Separate 18 of them and smash them with a hammer. You will probably enjoy the remaining 2 a heck of a lot more now.

I solve problems
blink.gif

modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States

Hopefully Paper Mario fills the gap otherwise I will be taking a cheese order to go with your whine!

If that fails here is a suggestion for you. Take those 20 discs and flip them over so you can't see the labels. Separate 18 of them and smash them with a hammer. You will probably enjoy the remaining 2 a heck of a lot more now.

I solve problems
blink.gif
thank you?
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey