all of these game *backups* have gotten me... bord

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by modshroom128, Apr 7, 2007.

1. outphase

outphase Custom title

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    There's just something unsaid about owning a game that beckons completion.

2. shaffaaf27

shaffaaf27 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 29, 2006
    london, england
    when you buy a game, howeverbad, you want to milk it for all its worth, so you play and play, but when you pirate it, you can just sift through it, and move to next freely, not binding your time buying it.

3. Mars

Mars Radioactive Propaganda Minister

Dec 19, 2006
    United States
    I have 29 games on my DS, but I don't suffer from pirate syndrome because i just focus on a game until I beat it.

4. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

Dec 27, 2006
    Hull/Manchester, UK
    i'm the same for DS... game change daily... boring =(

5. Sil3n7

Sil3n7 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 28, 2006
    United States
    .:Outer Heaven:.
    I agree and for me if Im really honest, when I buy a game I will subconsiously start thinking its better than it is just because I bought it even though it might not be. [​IMG]

6. crumpster

crumpster Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2006
    I also own every NTSC wii/psp/ds release. I have a majority of ntsc releases for xbox/gc/ps2/dreamcast. Why? Because its a hobby and an addiction. People like collecting things, some people collect stamps, coins and cars. We collect games. Nothing wrong with it. Their is a downside to any addiction. We loose the value of games and don't spent as much time as we normally would if we had of purchased it. It comes with the territory.

7. directive0

directive0 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2006
    Canada
    Toronto, Ont.
    Except for the questionable moral implications, but we can always use some healthy justifications to make us feel better.

8. 111111111

111111111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 8, 2007
    Wether you are pro or anti piracy you would be desperate to try and claim there is something morally wrong with downloading a game that you will never play and are only doing it to have "every ntsc release".

There is nothing morally dubious with that - it's simply sad (and obsessive-compulsive).

Downloading games that you may otherwise buy is obviously another matter.

9. bulgarion

bulgarion Member

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2006
    Italy
    The only thing worse than "pirate syndrome" is... having *NO* syndrome at all. I'm still waiting to chip my Wii... it was a gift, and since I've got little money to spend, I need to play backups just because I can't afford to buy originals. I'm no good in soldering, so I have to wait and ship to a service of modchip installation...
    God, I wish I could have this sickness!!

10. modshroom128
    OP

modshroom128 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 24, 2006
    United States
    look, you see the sickness as: I HAV EVER3 WII GAME EVAAaAEeERR ND I DONT NO WAT T0 START PL4Y!1!!1!!1!!! W00T!!1!

thats not the case, its not all glory. boredom stalks you like an unwilling mistress.

you definatly DO NOT want to have this sickness.

11. Mewgia

Mewgia drifter

Dec 16, 2006
    United States
    Boston, MA
    I don't know if it's that "sickness" that bores me. I have an unmodded Wii and three games for it besides Wii Sports (Twilight Princess, Rayman, and Rampage which I got as a gift) And I have beaten none of them, even though I've had then since the Wii launch. They just bore me I guess, even Twilight Princess. I think it's the internet at fault here, because of the randomness of world of forums I spend more time doing this than playing games. Before I got a computer in my room I would play a game to death, reanimate it, and then play it to death again.
    When I have my computer off, It seems that I get more out of my games. Then I get stuck, look up the guide on the internet, and gradually pay less attention to the game and more attention to the computer.
    Multiplayer games, however, are a different story. When I'm playing with others I'll play the same game for ages. For example, I was at a friend's house yesterday and we played the same game together for at least 2 hours, probably more.
    So I guess it's just playing alone that bores me.

12. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    i do the exact same thing, curse you dam internet! i try as i might to keep away from the computer for a while but i can never do it [​IMG]

13. Redsquirrel

Redsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 27, 2007
    happens with every console with me.

ps2, xbox 360, psp, ds, wii even my old amiga.

you just have too much of a selection and cant stick to one game. when you buy a game, you try to get your moneys worth. with a back up, its not really the case. I have beat some of my backups though.

But saying that, even originals i get bored of sometime.

14. Jdbye

Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Suspended
    May 10, 2006
    Norway
    Norway
    Not that there are that many great games for the Wii yet. You just wait, and there'll come something that you can't keep your hands off until you've beaten. Twice.

EDIT: I can't really say i agree for the DS though. In the start when i got a SC DS, i had about 7 different games to beat, and about 20 other games to consider beating, and i've beaten most, if not all of the first 7 games. The other games are games i wouldn't have bought in the first place, so it doesn't really matter about them. I've beaten a couple of them though. And i occasionally play a bit on one of the Kirby games for DS. Squeak Squad is better than Canvas Curse [​IMG]

EDIT2: Edited in the wrong topic, lmao [​IMG]

15. tbkonwso

tbkonwso Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2007
    United States
    i didnt know so many peole suffer this also, man i would burn my game, pop it in make sure it works...go to main menu play for 3 - 4 min and it sit there ever since lol.

16. brian007

brian007 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2006
    United States
    It's kinda sad that we waste time downloading games and don't play them. I mean no point in wasting a dvd when it can be used on something else. Or wasting electricity by downloading all these games. For me I go to a university, I pay an electricity bill, maybe go outside or something and play a sport and this syndrome will go away. Maybe get a girlfriend and spend time with her. Seriously if you want to have gigs of games for nothing, then maybe do something productive. Just tryin to help those out that maybe want to focus their lives on something else.

17. modshroom128
    OP

Dec 24, 2006
    United States
    zomg... you are also right.

i havent even played call of duty yet because of lack of multiplayer... yet im all over the metal of honor multiplayer with friends...

18. modshroom128
    OP

Dec 24, 2006
    United States
    yeah... it was a shocking discovery for me too.
    im glad that other people are in the same boat as me though, and im sure you are too.

19. Edster

Edster GBAtemp Regular

Aug 1, 2006
    United States
    The bottom line is most games as in movies these days are not even worth the bandwidth or discs to bother with them.

Games I do enjoy:

Rayman Raving Rabbids (Wii) - we had alot of fun with this one.
    Gears of War (360) - Just plain fun
    Guitar Heroes 2 (360) - Total blast, I just need to get the guitar, tired of hammering the controller
    New Super Mario (DS) - One day I will Complete all levels
    Mario Kart (DS) - On line is total fun
    300 (PSP) - Like the movie it's just tons of killing... FUN

I'm hoping POP Wii is good.

It's nice having a library of titles. Ended up trying Futurama on Xbox and was suprised to find it quite fun.

20. shadowboy

shadowboy :D

Aug 30, 2006
    United States
    I for one, do not suffer from this. I will burn twenty games and beat them all 1 at a time 100%, then go back and replay them. Having so many makes it a sure bet that I'll never be bored.
    It'll suck when we getlike 50 good games per month tho [​IMG]

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted