all of these game *backups* have gotten me... bord

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by modshroom128, Apr 7, 2007.

1. modshroom128
    OP

Member modshroom128 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    has anyone else here thought that having about 30 different wii games is strangly... boring???

i didint think this would happen, but the more games i get... the less i get into the game... and the more bord i get.

it seems like i cant take a single wii game seriously.
    is anyone else experiencing this problem with their chipped wii?

2. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I dont have a wii but i agree. When i first got my xbox 360 i was really enjoying it. Now i have a load of back ups i see myself changing a game every 10 mins [​IMG]

3. modshroom128
    OP

United States
    zomg... me 2.
    including my ds.

b4 i had a simply i wanted to dedicate a month to just playing yoshi island DS. but now that i got the backup, i just stopped playing after the 4th level.

is there a name for this? not appreciating games anymore since u got them for free?
    lets make a name : [​IMG]

pirate syndrom... pirateidus... piratepox... i dunno...

4. kristijan08

Member kristijan08 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    play a game for a few hours, then it gets fun!

5. modshroom128
    OP

United States
    i cant do that... i end up stopping after 10-30 minutes cause i have so much more to play.

6. bobrules

Member bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    befroe i had any flash card, I played pokemon for 200+ hours lol.

7. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Well, i think my problem is that there hasn't really been any real brilliant or special games for the ds recently. For example if i get a zelda or pokemon game, i'm sure it will engage me for quite a while.

8. MaHe

Member MaHe one lazy schmo

Slovenia
    Same here. That's the bad side of bein' a pirate. :'(

9. bobrules

Member bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    I agree with OSW if pokemon diamond comes out, I think i'll beat the game before playing any other games.

10. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    For as long as I have had a PC/amiga and nowadays consoles/handhelds backups/emulators and the like have been the norm.

While I still appreciate good games I find my tolerance of bad games is reduced somewhat should backups be around: before I chipped my PS1 I would quite happily play through ronin blade/soul of the samurai (a fairly poor resident evil clone transposed on top of 1600's Japan) and other less than brilliant games (or genres with much better examples).

This being said while I love the concept of Phoenix wright the fact that with a simple flick of the switch enabling me to play another game for a few minutes I completed Phoenix Wright much faster than I otherwise might have.

11. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    it happens. The more games you get the more confused you are to which to play. I've had some fun with wii games though....excite truck, MoH, Prince of Persia. Hotel dusk for the ds was a gr8 game though which i played for a while. It could be the lack of decent wii games? [​IMG]

12. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Try keeping most of the ISO's on your PC, and only burn 2 or 3 to CD. If you only make a few CD's at a time you can play through those games, then go burn the next one when you're done with it. Removes the urge to swap games every 5 seconds because, well, you can't [​IMG] (as the owner of a GBA cart that can only hold 5 games, I assure you that it works)

13. modshroom128
    OP

United States
    yeah... my only hope is pokemon diamond to kill the pirate syndrome

14. gaboumafou

Member gaboumafou GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    The thing that changed for me is that I still play the games I love an lot, but I don't waste anymore time on average games. Before I started piracy, I could play almost any game I bought, but now I only play the games that get me really hooked and beat them. But I admit that with this much choice, some great games don't get the attention they deserve from me [​IMG] (for example, I still haven't finished Phoenix Wright 2... too busy playing KH Chains Of Memories on my modded PS2!!).

15. modshroom128
    OP

United States
    but it is seriously getting out of hand.
    my ds/wii enjoyment has been cut severly by this.

i mean i have good wii backups that i havent even touched in over a couple weeks...

its getting out of hand.

16. 7llusion

Member 7llusion GBAtemp Regular

France
    That's because you didn't by the game with ur own money, when you play it it feels like playing somùething free, like a homebrew.
    Illusion

17. gaboumafou

Member gaboumafou GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    It happened to me the first month or so when I got my Supercard, and my PS2 chip... I tried every game I could... but after some time, I found 3 or 4 games that I really enjoyed, and played them a lot.

You will probably but in that situation for some time, but I'm sure soon enough you will want to play one game in particular and others that you won't touch.

...or maybe you're just bored of video games for now. Why don't you do something else for the moment? [​IMG]

18. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    try getting s ranks in everything on excite truck...that took me a while to do [​IMG]

19. Bitbyte

Member Bitbyte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
    I've had the same problem, even worse though, I'm addicted to the internet oO. So I don't even game 1/8th as much as I used to. I'd advise you to buy a great game every so often. I got the pirated FFXII 2-3 months (iirc) before it got released over here, but I still bought it. If I buy a game, it makes me want to get everything out of it, so that's why I bought a game as huge as Final Fantasy XII.

Do you recall when you didn't have anything to pirate with and playing, let's say, an adventure game like Zelda? Do you also remember wanting to get every heart piece/secret sidequest etc.? Or back in the days, the Pokémon games, how you tried to collect all those Pokémon, wanting to fill up your Pokédex? If you download Pokémon Diamond now, I can assure you, you won't have as much fun as when you would have bought it.

Now that I've seen what piracy can cause on a gamers' behaviour, including my own, I don't think I'll resort to piracy when I get a next-gen console. I can't stand wasting such beautiful games and rushing through them, just because I can get pretty much every game for the console.

So.. do yourself a favor, modshroom and don't spoil Diamond for you, go out and buy it [​IMG]

20. modshroom128
    OP

United States
    [​IMG]
    you read me like a fucking book.

diamond is the only release on the ds that can take me out of this non gaming binge.
    but just imagining wasting money on something i can get for free makes me quiver (yes im that big of a pirate [​IMG])

but yeah... i am in the same exact boat as you. im on the internet gettin teh free games 10 times longer than i actualy play the games.