Hacking All of my CFW apps don’t work / are corrupted?

carnage781

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tinfoil, Goldleaf, Retroarch, ChoiDuJour, etc none of these seem to work anymore, yet all of my games work just fine

Retroarch wasn’t working, replaced those files and reloaded the switch and then the other stuff didn’t work.

What is the easiest fix here, and what other info can I provide in order to help point me in the right direction? Running Atmosphere on 12.0.1 everything was running fine well before the upgrade though

Also when I was adding nes roms for Retroarch my laptop said I couldn’t add files because of dirty volume, I had to use desktop to repair and then add stuff. Could it be SD card issue?

Thanks!

carnage781

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One other thing

My laptop didn’t have the newest paylod so I cooied it from my sd root, could that be part of the issue?

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
You updated from pre 12 to 12? 12 broke shortcuts iirc. Probably reinstalling it to a later version or just playing them through homebrew menu would be the workaround. I think someone also created a tool to make 12 compatible shortcuts.

carnage781

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You updated from pre 12 to 12? 12 broke shortcuts iirc. Probably reinstalling it to a later version or just playing them through homebrew menu would be the workaround. I think someone also created a tool to make 12 compatible shortcuts.

My shortcuts worked beforehand for weeks, this is after repairing the sd card and trying to fix Retroarch.

opening up my photo album for homebrew menu, loading anything in there leads to an error screen and forced reset

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Basically, my modded switch can’t run any type of hb apps, so just unsure how to remedy this :/

Last edited by carnage781,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My shortcuts worked beforehand for weeks, this is after repairing the sd card and trying to fix Retroarch.

opening up my photo album for hh menu, loading anything leads to error screen and forced reset

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Basically, my modded switch can’t run any type of hb apps, so just unsure how to remedy this :/
Dump your saves and rehack fresh?

carnage781

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dump your saves and rehack fresh?

I’m afraid this might have to be the route I take, but I need to get a new thing to put in the joycon slot so really hoping that there is another way to go about it rather than doing that. Hoping I can just fix these apps somehow

Just weird that all the games works fine and it’s just all the homebrew apps not working, in the case of tinfoil it’s corrupted while retroarch says “cant load because an error occured” the rest in the album do a forced reset

Just confused since I didn’t change anything outside of retroarch ‍♂️

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tinfoil, Goldleaf, Retroarch, ChoiDuJour, etc none of these seem to work anymore, yet all of my games work just fine

Retroarch wasn’t working, replaced those files and reloaded the switch and then the other stuff didn’t work.

What is the easiest fix here, and what other info can I provide in order to help point me in the right direction? Running Atmosphere on 12.0.1 everything was running fine well before the upgrade though

Also when I was adding nes roms for Retroarch my laptop said I couldn’t add files because of dirty volume, I had to use desktop to repair and then add stuff. Could it be SD card issue?

Thanks!

Some homebrew needs to recompile with libnx 3.0.0 for it to work on 12.0.x, checkpoint got recompile by SciresM for it to work on 12.0.x.

carnage781

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some homebrew needs to recompile with libnx 3.0.0 for it to work on 12.0.x, checkpoint got recompile by SciresM for it to work on 12.0.x.

Even if it was working for a few weeks already on 12.0.1? The fact it was all working for awhile is what makes no sense to me.

I might potentially try to backup my games and saves, wipe my sd card clean and copy another one that I have and just readd the games and saves to that.

Just remembered that my power button doesn’t work, so remodding from scratch is not an option sadly :(

Given I can’t fresh hack, Any suggestions on where I should start with fixing this or trying to? Would just copying my other sd card but keeping the game and save folders work?

Last edited by carnage781,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if it was working for a few weeks already on 12.0.1? The fact it was all working for awhile is what makes no sense to me.

I might potentially try to backup my games and saves, wipe my sd card clean and copy another one that I have and just readd the games and saves to that.

Just remembered that my power button doesn’t work, so remodding from scratch is not an option sadly :(

Given I can’t fresh hack, Any suggestions on where I should start with fixing this or trying to? Would just copying my other sd card but keeping the game and save folders work?
How is your SD card formatted?

chaos_jockey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same issues but some homebrew cause full system crashes, some crash to home, a few homebrew will launch but as for AIO Updater it horks when I initiate a download.

I was on 10.1.0 with ams 19.3 and thought updating to 12.0.2 would fix it but all my issues persist.

I started fresh except I kept my Nintendo folder and reformatted from exfat to fat32.

HeroKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
similar issue here. only time i really bothered starting atmosphere was for a MK8D skin. now i find a save editor app, but crashes. trying to load checkpoint for save backups, and it crashes. just tried to load RetroArch, and it crashes. i just updated checkpoint to latest version and still not working.

edit: nvm, didn't realize there was a difference between normal and applet mode now. that's how long i haven't touched homebrew

Last edited by HeroKing,
Reactions: chaos_jockey

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
similar issue here. only time i really bothered starting atmosphere was for a MK8D skin. now i find a save editor app, but crashes. trying to load checkpoint for save backups, and it crashes. just tried to load RetroArch, and it crashes. i just updated checkpoint to latest version and still not working.

edit: nvm, didn't realize there was a difference between normal and applet mode now. that's how long i haven't touched homebrew
The official latest version of Checkpoint is broken on firmware 12.X. You need this one by SciresM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    die?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes I'm in mortal danger
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes I'm in mortal danger