Hacking All new releases after 2499 load slower than normal

Mikef

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All new releases after "2499 Hi! Hamtaro Ham-Ham Challenge" load more slowly than they should.
I noticed starting with the ham game, that the DSTT loads the game more slowly than all previous releases,
sometimes 2-4 times longer loading times. I doesn't matter the size of the game either, even a 8 meg game loads slow.
I've been using my Edge or Acecard for all newer games, and only the DSTT for oldies because of this.

Another reason to choose something else over the DSTT.

Mike

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I suspect that your microSD card is fragmented or corrupt. Try reformatting it with the Panasonic formatter and I'm guessing your new games will run as fast as your older ones.

You could also try changing some of the patching options (such as DMA or soft reset) and see if that helps.

-Bri

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with noONE. I don't think this is a fragmentation issue. Not that it would hurt to reformat once in a while, I just don't think that will do anything here.

Just as an example, CV-OOE loads much more slowly than either of the two previous CV games. It's about the same size, put on the card around the same time, and other (old) games put on my card before or after OOE aren't nearly as slow to load.

Some games just load more slowly. But not so slowly it's more than a minor inconvenience. Maybe roughly 30 sec instead of 10 (just a rough guess, I could be off on the numbers but it's not a huge difference). Certainly not worth avoiding the card over. The real reasons to avoid the card are the abundance of fakes and/or defectives, and doubt if they're ever going to update fw.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used my DSTT in a while and I have one of the original DSTT's (not one of the newer ones), but my games never took 30 seconds, or even 10 seconds to load. Mine generally took about 2 to 3 seconds to load. Note that a microSDHC (formatted with FAT32) will probably take slightly longer to load (like maybe a second or two) than a microSD (formatted with FAT16).

-Bri

Mikef

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a formating issue or fragmentation.
The firmware doesn't know how to quickly load newer games.

Used to take 2-5 seconds loading old games, now it's 10-25 seconds to load new games.
smileipb2.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all