1. razor00000

OP razor00000 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hi all,

I tried searching for my issue... Without success.

It seems like new games are all garbage fake files according to Tinfoil (Overcooked! All You Can Eat for example).

I tried searching all over the site, without success. What do I need to update to get that message to stop?

Thanks!

2. Mythical

Mythical GBAtemp Addict

United States
    The best way is to buy your own games and dump them yourself, the reason you're getting that message is most likely since you're downloading stuff from shady sites and the app doesn't trust the files you want to install

3. crazy_p

crazy_p GBAtemp Fan

Switzerland
    Try to enable Unsigned Code in the Settings.

Enter this Button Combo:

D-Pad Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, +. (Konami Code)

4. Mythical

Mythical GBAtemp Addict

United States
    enabling unsigned code has risks, make sure you have a functioning nand backup before doing this

5. Rasa39

Rasa39 Pervert Deluxe

United Kingdom
    Tinfoil does that for junk dlc unlocker files too that aren't proper files, it also does it for anything converted from xci as it isn't a valid nsp (I think it doesn't matter how it was converted). That is assuming you have gotten them from a trusted source. If you can definitely trust the file, then you are "safe" to enable unsigned code and knock yourself out, but the only totally safe way is to use your own dumps as mentioned.

As an example I sometimes bundle my base game, update and dlc files into one nsp, tinfoil refuses to install these files so I use other installers instead, but anyone could upload a dumped game claiming that it is just an update bundle, when they have actually added malicious code to it to break your switch and/or steal your info's, so that's why the safety feature exists.

But whatever you do, make backup as advised, there's always threads of people not making backups then doing stuff to break their nand (which I wouldn't even do with my backups, but some people are just masochists I guess).

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Try using TinWoo Installer instead.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - garbage, games, files