Misc All My Wii Games Just Stopped Going Online.

DrHouse1337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello so randomly out of nowhere all my Wii games just stopped being able to connect online for example Mario Kart Wii (Wiimmfi) gives me an 20100 error code and so does all other Wii games. I tried resting my router but nothing I am playing on Wii U and I deleted my connection and redid it with the compatible settings but still the same error happens does anyone have any solutions?

Reactions: QuazaRayy

DrHouse1337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure Wii servers were taken down on May 20th.
Yes the official Nintendo servers were taken down is 2014 and streaming services/Shop Channel were in January but there is a 3rd party online service called Wiimmfi and some games like Call of Duty MW, Black Ops and MW3 still have there servers up today but nothing connects anymore I was just playing a few days ago and now nothing.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@coffinbirth Please read first before writing a comment.
The servers seem to be working, the latest version of the wiifmii patcher is from November 2018, maybe something changed between the version you used.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever you get an error code using wiimmfi you can go to the wiimmfi website and input the error code you got to see what it means and how to potentially rectify it.
https://wiimmfi.de/error
If you put in the 20100 error code you got it says that your wii/wii u can't connect to the internet and the solution that pops up is "Restart your Wii and/or Check IP, Netmask, DNS, Gateway and Router."

DrHouse1337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@coffinbirth Please read first before writing a comment.
The servers seem to be working, the latest version of the wiifmii patcher is from November 2018, maybe something changed between the version you used.
I checked and nothing has changed but even the Call of Duty games gives me the error code 20100.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Whenever you get an error code using wiimmfi you can go to the wiimmfi website and input the error code you got to see what it means and how to potentially rectify it.
https://wiimmfi.de/error
If you put in the 20100 error code you got it says that your wii/wii u can't connect to the internet and the solution that pops up is "Restart your Wii and/or Check IP, Netmask, DNS, Gateway and Router."
Ill try use a different DNS instead of "auto" because everything else checks out good.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DrHouse1337 The wii of a friend of mine couldn't connect to WiFi all of a sudden and crashed after a while of playing games from a USB HDD, if you had the same problem by any change maybe a LAN adapter could still work.

QuazaRayy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A lot of services as of January 30th have been essentially destroyed (like Netflix and other streaming services) but the most major of them all is Wii Shop Channel. It's essentially dead. Just make sure you are running RiiConnect24 and Wiimmfi. However, there are some games (like COD) which use external servers which when they go offline won't work with Wiimmfi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: yippeeeeeee