All my .nds stopped appearing on startup for AceKard2

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by tengusoldier, Dec 29, 2008.

1. tengusoldier
    OP

Member tengusoldier GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    I only get the flashing Micro SD icon but the game list never appears, I was playing just fine 3 days ago and it won't boot now, I connected the microSD into my comp trough the adapter and it shows up fine I even used another microSD and same thing happened, did the AceKard somehow broke? note that it was inside the DSLite when it was working and it never left the SLot1 when it broke, it just suddenly stopped working D:

BUT, if the AceKard2 cartdrige croke, how come it till appears on the DS initial menu (with pictochat, settings, etc) and it can boot up the menu, but it just won't load the games.

2. DoctorDawg

Newcomer DoctorDawg Member

Canada
    Ok, First Go into folder options and check Show hidden files, It might have just been a glitch or something, if that doesn't work you might have to format your card, sorry [​IMG]

3. davislim

Member davislim GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    @DoctorDawg: i tink u nvr read properly pls note tat he referring tat the nds file not showing is at his FLASH CART not pc

@topic: try copy everyting to pc somewhere n format it then putting files bak

4. darnoc

Member darnoc GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    try downloading the firmware again

5. tengusoldier
    OP

Mexico
    I tried the upgrading the firmware and it did not work I tried using a different micro SD and it didn't work, I'll try reformatting the card tough, and I'll try getting the firmware again just for kicks.

For AKAIO I just need to copy the akmenu4ds file or something like that as well as the aio folder right? I tried that it it didn;t load the menu, while using the latest firmware will load the menu but no game list, also the usb adapter seems to have just died now...I'm using a card adapter that my sister uses for her cellphone.

should I just throw this into the trash already? I thought I'd get this instead of the R4 since people always praised it for being better than that "overrated piece of crap" but the one I gave to my brother keeps working just fine after 1 and a half year .__.

6. tengusoldier
    OP

Mexico
    Hey guys, if I should get a new damn flashcart...what should I get?
    I want a budget one that can load .nds files and play them I don;t need all the bells and whistles of the CycloDS, but I read that the Acekard2 was the second best one but now it died on me ):
    please also recommend me legit sites because they may have just sold me a fake cart, but all I have is conjecture as I don't have any way to know if its real or fake.

7. tengusoldier
    OP

Mexico
    Ok so I want a DSTT and I found this site "I'm latino"

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-25...-lector-usb-_JM

Soo, the insides look like the legit card from the comparison pics found in this site, do you guys think I should go for it? the price translates to about 22 bucks, no Micro SD included.