Hacking all loaders just return to wii menu when trying to start loader itself

tunafish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I think this might be a case where the problem is me and not being able to remember this stuff so well but when I goto launch USB loader gx or configurable USB loader or even that other one (neogamma?) it brings up the respective splash screen for a moment and then just reverts back to the wii app menu.
I did remove and accidentally wipe the SD card that had all this and my homebrew stuff on it but I have a backup folder with the stuff on it. I thought it launched these things from the Wii's internal storage anyway. However, when I tried to format a new SD card as FAT32 and copy the SD backup I have, it is not detecting anything in homebrew channel. I don't exactly remember what the directory structure is supposed to be like but I have it as "sd\apps\usbloader_gx" . I also tried throwing them all in the SD card without the apps subfolder: sd\usbloader_gx but that didn't work either.
I install these things from HBC right? Like I should launch HBC and see them as menu options to install right?
I just haven't done this in a while---like years---so my memory of the process sucks and its not like I am trying to redo the whole softmod, just reinstall the launchers.

Any guidance for a senior citizen and their old, frail 30 year old mind would be greatly appreciated

ThaCrip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently got into this softmoding on the Wii (so if your on some older softmod I am not sure the exact process to update things to the newest softmod). I used the Letterbomb softmod method which works on Wii menu v4.3, which is the newest.

but yeah, on my system the general programs go to "SD:\apps\" (i.e. SD:\apps\usbloader_gx\ )

it appears newest HBC is v1.1.2

p.s. I got my Wii setup so it directly boots into USBLoaderGX when I power it on using Priiloader v0.8.2 etc and I have a USBLoaderGX channel on my main Wii menu (which you need a WAD manager to do that) and used the forwarder for Priiloader so it boots directly into USBLoaderGX when I power on the Wii. both of these files (ForwarderV5.1.dol and USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad) can be obtained on the USBLoaderGX SourceForge website.

"I install these things from HBC right? Like I should launch HBC and see them as menu options to install right?"

Well you don't really install anything as when you load say USBLoaderGX through The Homebrew Channel it loads all of the stuff from SD:\apps\usbloader_gx folder etc.

basically they are just programs you load up on the Wii from HBC.

p.s. I am just assuming your trying to play some Wii games in which case... slot 249 base 57 and slot 250 base 56 (with v10 beta52) using d2x cIOS v3.1 is what I used as from what I have been reading around here it appears that's the best bet for most people. but I guess currently this would not even work because you can't seem to get your apps to run from HBC which this much is needed to run this stuff in the first place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs