Homebrew All in one Emulator, or an Emultaor to run Emulators?

DSMuse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so... this is driving me nuts. Thanks for reading and any help you might have!

I had hoped in buying a DS slot 1 card emulator deal, that I could run all sorts of game roms on my nds. But it looks like they all just run DS games.

Sure, that's nice, since that means I don't have to rebuy all my games in Japanese when I discover my English one got maimed during importation, but still.

What I really, really want to do is this, especially because the NDSI is coming out in a few months:

Be able to run NDS roms, GBA roms, GBC roms, and GB roms from my slot 1 Micro-chip ds cartridge-deal on my NDS.

At least, can people point me to a GBA, GBC, & GB emulator (in other words, like an original gba emulator) that runs on a slot 1 NDS cartridge? All of the ones I've seen appear to be slot 2 (aka the gba slot, which wont be available for NDSI.) Then at least I just have to have two micro chips, one for ds games and one for GBA, GBC, GB.

I mean... is there an emulator to let me put multiple emulators on there? I've heard of 3 in 1 deals but those also are all GBA slot ones...
Are there even GBA emulators that use slot1 and not slot 2?

Is there a converter to update old roms to .nds files?

Sorry, I know I'm going nuts on the questions. I'm just so frustrated on this...

Thanks for your time and any help. I really appreciate it.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
There are no Gameboy Advance emulators for the DS. The Slot-2 actually uses GBA Hardware within the Nintendo DS.

I think there are a couple of GBC and GB emulators out there for Slot-1, though.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There are no GBA-emulators available for the DS since it has the actual hardware to run GBA-games. However you'll need either a full-fledged slot 2 flashcart or a slot 2 expansion pak to be able to play GBA-games.

There are emulators for GB/GBC though and the best there is atm is Lameboy.

DSMuse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks people.

But ok, a few more questions then.

Do you think when the NDSI comes out someone will make a GBA emulator?

And the big one is this: can I put a GBC/GB emulator (probably lameboy) on the same micro card as my ds one (right now my DS emulator is DSone, is there a well known better one?) and choose which emulator to run, or will they both try to launch at the same time and backfire on me?

Thanks again!

DSMuse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ferrariman said:
Whoh, Supercard DS one isn't an Emulator. It just boots NDS files, and it uses the DS hardware to run, not emulate.

So that's why I couldn't get it to work >> Thanks. I'm... not good with this stuff. I dled lameboy. So now I have to find a DS emlator run my nds roms right? Because I don't think having DSone on there will let me run Lameboy...

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
DSMuse said:
Ferrariman said:
Whoh, Supercard DS one isn't an Emulator. It just boots NDS files, and it uses the DS hardware to run, not emulate.

So that's why I couldn't get it to work >> Thanks. I'm... not good with this stuff. Now I'm off to find a good emulator! To dl lameboy and a NDS one! *Swoosh* Thanks for the help!

Why would you need an NDS emulator when you already have the hardware?

DSMuse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I didn't think I did. (I'm sorry, I'm so bad at this...)

But when I launch my ds now, I get this message:

"No find SCFW.SC file!
Please turn off NDS!"

So I assumed that meant that the .sc file is something that the nds files need to run and I don't have it? Unless my Nitnendo DS decided it hates me and is broken...

Or do I still need to use my DSone to run my .nds game files, because it wont let me launch lameboy after launching DSone.

P.S. and it's spelled iPod, isn't it? So isn't NDSI less copying than NDSi? Besides, I wasn't meaning to copy, if I was, I woud have put the I before it, as the joke is going around like that anyway.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
Why would you need an NDS emulator when you already have the hardware?
The guy's clueless, that's why.

Look, if you have a DS, and a flashcart, you don't need an emulator.
Emulators emulate systems. You can't emulate a system.. on that system... it's not emulation. You have the hardware, like Law says.

DSMuse, put the scshell folder from this download on your microsd
http://eng.supercard.cn/soft_scdsone_sdhc.htm

DSMuse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I am clueless,and I'm sorry for the trouble.

I believe I got lameboy to run under the DSone now, so it looks like it's working.

Thanks for all the help and sorry for bothering you guys; I really didn't know where to go to get help for someone as new to all this as me, so I came here. Thank you.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSMuse said:
Yes, I am clueless,and I'm sorry for the trouble.

I believe I got lameboy to run under the DSone now, so it looks like it's working.

Thanks for all the help and sorry for bothering you guys; I really didn't know where to go to get help for someone as new to all this as me, so I came here. Thank you.
This is the correct place.
smile.gif

Yours is not the dumbest question asked, and at least you can understand when you're told what's right. Unlike maaaaaaaany others before you.
Help can always be found here.

Chaaru

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
DSMuse said:
P.S. and it's spelled iPod, isn't it? So isn't NDSI less copying than NDSi? Besides, I wasn't meaning to copy, if I was, I woud have put the I before it, as the joke is going around like that anyway.

I know it's called "iPod"!! You didn't understand my post properly! Read it slowly.

I'm not saying you're copying anything, I'm just correcting you on how to spell it correctly. Just because the DSi has a lower case I it doesn't mean it's copying things like iPods or iMacs or anything like that.

It's spelled "DSi". That's what Nintendo named it. Not "DSI". Understand?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you've got Lameboy working correctly, here's a couple other emulators you can try out: NES DS for NES games, SNEmulDS for SNES games (not the greatest compatibility though), and jEnesisDS for Genesis games. Of these, only SNEmulDS will require you to do anything special in terms of file placement - put snemul.cfg on the root of your card, your *.smc game files in a folder called "SNES" on the root of your card, and the SNEmulDS.nds file anywhere you want.

DSMuse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MM: Oh! I get it now. haha. I misread, sorry.

ElB: I've had that problem once before, but I redownloaded and it worked for me. Also make sure to put the games in the correct subfolders your emulator tells you to (Like lameboy for lameboy, etc, it's in the readme.)

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Having a folder for Lameboy is optional. I believe if it finds a /Lameboy/ folder, it defaults to that, but if there isn't one it just starts in the root. Because I'm a jackass, my Game Boy ROM folder is called /GBC/, so I have to navigate to it first, but it hasn't killed me yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/