All games stopped working in my SWITCH (T__T) !!!

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Xemma, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Xemma
    OP

Xemma Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2015
    Brazil
    Have you ever been through this situation? I'm afraid to restore and start bugging games!

I'll briefly explain what I did - I followed a tutorial on youtube where a guy teaches you to upgrade to 8.0.1 with ChoiDujourNX! In the video after installing the update some games of it do not work! So in the comments he says to use a different SD just to install the 8.0.1 update and generate the drive from the Nintendo folder!

So I used a 64GB SD, formatted it in exFAT and used ChoiDujourNx to install the update. At the time of installing the card drive I chose the exFAT option. When it all finished, I copied and pasted the Nintendo folder over the Nintendo that I use on the 128GB FAT32 Card! Of course, I saved the files that would be replaced before replacing!

What was not clear to me in this Offline update of ChoiDujourNx is if I could have installed the update using my FAT32 SD with the original Nintendo folder ?! At the time of choosing the drive I would choose exFAT for SD FAT32 or not ???

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Look what I wrote now to "tabzer"

2. Undwiz

Undwiz GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2019
    United States

This poor guy .......... full format SD, all updated files, Sigpatches............ still not working them you had poor convert from xci-nsp install that does change in updates(worked before now does not) --- so re-install the non working games

Last edited by Undwiz, Jun 24, 2019
  3. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2019
    Japan

I've been through a lot of reformats, re-updates, downgrades, you name it..

Installing with exfat support only adds exfat support, it does not remove fat32 support. It's the best option.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also, your Nintendo directory should maintain compatibility, at least in an upgrade. Downgrade, I'm not sure. It's safer to have a copy from when you had the same version.

Last edited by tabzer, Jun 24, 2019
    gizmomelb likes this.
  4. Xemma
    OP

Xemma Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2015
    Brazil
    That is, I could have installed the drive exFAT on the FAT32 card without problems or still have kept the original folder with my games inside at the time of the update, is that ???

5. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2019
    Japan
    yes

Xemma likes this.
  6. arianadark

arianadark GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2016
    United States
    if you install a new game and it works it means you have to reinstall the corrupted ones

7. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    agreed.. there are a large number of people using atmos and SX OS who have complained about issues when they update, then format their SD cards and start again from scratch and it just works.

8. JRoad

JRoad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 18, 2018
    Spain
    That's a common issue when updating to 8.0.1 and later from lower firmwares. Unless atmosphere corrected it it's needed to regenerate the placeholders for installations
    So easy way is to reinstall the files, less easy way is to just reinstall control and meta nca files.

Last edited by JRoad, Jun 24, 2019