All Games Gone from PS4 System Menu "Other" Folder Exsists Instead How to Either Get My Game Back or Delete "Other" Folder ... FW 9.00 Goldhen

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
me and Godreborn tired this yesturday no luck i wish i could im not looking forward to grabbing 500 gigs of games again ... but alas the OCD Monster won't accept them being gone !
I hear ya. I just installed apollo and that patcher from orbis patches. I had to use icon mask again to get those icons circular with white border. then, I deleted the notification.db, which erases history of installing them afaik. it corrupts the database, so it rebuilds it (only the notification.db though). now, I'm just waiting to deploy goldhen, since I have to wait a few moments or kp.

Reactions: SuperDan

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear ya. I just installed apollo and that patcher from orbis patches. I had to use icon mask again to get those icons circular with white border. then, I deleted the notification.db, which erases history of installing them afaik. it corrupts the database, so it rebuilds it (only the notification.db though). now, I'm just waiting to deploy goldhen, since I have to wait a few moments or kp.
i saw that icon mask thing on Twitter this morning it looks nice ... they said there has been a updated version of exfathax which is more stable ect .... better payload ..me im still hoping for permanent jailbreak ... which they keep saying will happen soon !!!

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's my understanding that the persistent hack is only for people on lower firmware, so no 9.00 (not sure about 7.55).
Well someone has claimed to have it working on Twitter apparently its Slow but works... So they claim.. Seems to skeptical to try & I'd rather have a solid solution.. Using the usb stick is fine for me.... Also u was reading at lunch break.. If u leave the Usb in your ps4 & restart it... It puts you in safe mode.. I wonder if this what happened to mine... My son said it just restarted.. Not sure if the stick was in or not? But it's definitely possible I guess...

Reactions: godreborn

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I just googled it and the first result that comes up is this thread, with nothing else similar on the first page of google. I'm not going to spend a ton of time searching for something that's not my issue but if you want to provide a link I'll be happy to look at it. Again I've never heard of it. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist I've just never heard of it.

If you think I'm joking I'm not https://www.google.com/search?q=gam...rome..69i57.4320j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just remembered something when you say Other do you mean when you go to settings > internal storage? Then yeah I have seen other there but I don't think you can look at the games there. But are you saying there's a folder on the main menu that is called "Other" that you did not create but it sitting there and the games are showing their icons but have locks on them? That I've never seen.

Anyway I agree with godreborn I would just format at this point. If you didn't already.

If you haven't yet you could ftp the pkgs if you have ethernet to your computer (wireless would be too slow) or use ps4xplorer and transfer them to an external hdd. Then format and just reinstall them instead of having to redownload them.

If you have the extra space just keep them for later in case something else came up.

At least it's not 2 TB which I have had to do recently.

Last edited by Jayinem,

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just remembered something when you say Other do you mean when you go to settings > internal storage? Then yeah I have seen other there but I don't think you can look at the games there. But are you saying there's a folder on the main menu that is called "Other" that you did not create but it sitting there and the games are showing their icons but have locks on them? That I've never seen.

Anyway I agree with godreborn I would just format at this point. If you didn't already.

If you haven't yet you could ftp the pkgs if you have ethernet to your computer (wireless would be too slow) or use ps4xplorer and transfer them to an external hdd. Then format and just reinstall them instead of having to redownload them.

If you have the extra space just keep them for later in case something else came up.

At least it's not 2 TB which I have had to do recently.
No you're right it's in system storage where it says "other" folder it's completely locked taking up about 400 gigs which is the games for sure... My ext 2 tb Is fine I can add games still they all work ect.... Godreborn assured me that I can format & re hen my ps4 and they will all be there.. So it format time for me I guess.. Which I'm fine with I just hope it doesn't happen again....

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be trying to figure out why the python script didn't work if you insist on saving your games. It's the only way. Formatting will ensure the games are gone forever. Do as you wish though.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not the extended storage ones.
If this talk is all about external all he has to do is unplug run goldhen and replug and wait 10 minutes for the games to reappear. Youre giving him bad info if you're telling him to format. Remember I said this if he formats the external the games are gone forever.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agreed with a format if you just want to start over but formatting will never fix your games.

To fix internal hard drive games your options are:
Backup your app.db and restore it (doesn't appear you did this)
Run the python script (you won't be able to delete any of your games without editing app.db)

To fix external hard drive games:
Unplug external
Run Goldhen
Replug external
Wait a little while for the games to load and reappear

Neither of these scenarios require a format. Formatting literally means I'm giving up and starting over because you're erasing all data on that hard drive and Hen cannot save it after that

This is the correct python script for 9.0 (if internal games are missing) https://github.com/aizenar/PS4_db_Rebuilder_EXT

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Formatting the internal will not fix your external games either.

Again if you just want to start over fine, but it is not a fix. Unplug > GoldHen > Replug works 100% of the time unless the games are already gone somehow.

But I can see my advice is falling on deaf ears because it's not even being attempted so good luck to you.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Formatting the internal will not fix your external games either.

Again if you just want to start over fine, but it is not a fix. Unplug > GoldHen > Replug works 100% of the time unless the games are already gone somehow.

But I can see my advice is falling on deaf ears because it's not even being attempted so good luck to you.
I am listening mate.. I'm not ignoring your theory at all.... But if I attempt to do anything right now & my wife looses about 6 hours of her game.. I'm In for a Moody week... We been married 9 years... Consider that... I'm half tempted to get another ext HD & put my new games on that... But I'm a stoner with ridiculous OCD & that missing 500 gig just won't sit well nor will downloading them same set of games over I live in deep Louisiana our internet speed is a joke... So it will be a pain... Saying all that I have 100% faith in Godreborn if he says I can format & keep my games from. Ext HD I believe him simply because I know for a fact he has been messing with ps4 hacks for a while... & he simply said he has done this before & it worked out... I have no doubt he messed up here and there trying stuff out.. It's all part of the learning process of these kind of hacks/ mods ect

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were in your shoes I know how I would handle it no ego involved and I wouldn't care who was giving the info but someone is telling you just to unplug a hard drive, run GoldHen and plug it back in what could possible be the harm in trying that.

An external can even work on a different PS4 with GoldHen even different firmware by simply unplugging, run GoldHen and replugging. My external on 7.55 worked on 6.72 the games showed up.

But that's all I'm going to say on the matter because I don't care that much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse