All Games Gone from PS4 System Menu "Other" Folder Exsists Instead How to Either Get My Game Back or Delete "Other" Folder ... FW 9.00 Goldhen

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, not sure what the problem could be unless the rebuilding of the database erased them. I'm not sure how to correct this if the script doesn't work. you could try the tbl_appinfo to see if anything is listed, but I doubt it.

Reactions: SuperDan

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, not sure what the problem could be unless the rebuilding of the database erased them. I'm not sure how to correct this if the script doesn't work. you could try the tbl_appinfo to see if anything is listed, but I doubt it.
we tried we failed ... well worth a shot i have no idea how or why ?? all the same you said i can Format and keep my games on my EXT HD ..which is good enough for me after my wife completes her game that's exactly what i will do ...unless some other hack /or tool happens i guess i should be happy that 2tb of games work and i somehow lost 500 gigs ..i can live with that ..still very strange .. thanks again for trying man very much appreciated ......... at least i can put this to bed for now its been 2 days of trying .....
Format & Fresh start i guess

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought rebuilding the database didn't work? the problem is that someone said that the script to get the games back doesn't work on 9.00. you could try rebuilding the database, then reinstalling a game, unless you've already tried it. all games will disappear, but you can get your external games back by plugging in the drive after deploying hen.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think OP needed to backup the app.db BEFORE the rebuild database, not after. Otherwise the app.db will not show the games because the PS4 just shows what app.db shows. So the only fix is the python script, and however you manage to get your games back start backing up that app.db often I do it every time I add or delete a game because of this scenario that you're going through now. Because if you have a properly backed up app.db when the games are showing and everything is normal not when they've disappeared, all you have to do is copy it back to the system_data/priv/mms and logout of the account you're on (don't even have to reboot) and your games will appear exactly as they did when you backed up the app.db.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know. I was wondering if the app.db contained the games that were messed up. they're obviously being detected by the system, but the category is wrong.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also the python script is more difficult somewhat and you won't be able to delete your games until you edit the app.db to be able to remove them.

It's imperative everyone backups their app.db unfortunately probably 90% don't realize it.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's also no benefit to formatting. You've already rebuild the database which should have fixed whatever issues you were having. Formatting will only erase the games permanently. They're still there until you format, just need to do python script.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's also no benefit to formatting. You've already rebuild the database which should have fixed whatever issues you were having. Formatting will only erase the games permanently. They're still there until you format, just need to do python script.
He said it didn't work, reinstalling the game should've worked, but it didn't.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hadn't read the whole thread honestly. But he is saying they are locked in the Other folder? Did you create a "Other folder" and they're in there and just locked? Then you need to do the exploit. Otherwise that makes no sense.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hadn't read the whole thread honestly. But he is saying they are locked in the Other folder? Did you create a "Other folder" and they're in there and just locked? Then you need to do the exploit. Otherwise that makes no sense.
tbh, after his last post, I'm a bit confused with what he's actually done. I heard from someone that the script doesn't work on 9.00. it was in KiiWii's thread. it messed up some things like it had sort priority changed to 0 instead of 100 somehow.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought rebuilding the database didn't work? the problem is that someone said that the script to get the games back doesn't work on 9.00. you could try rebuilding the database, then reinstalling a game, unless you've already tried it. all games will disappear, but you can get your external games back by plugging in the drive after deploying hen.
yeah that seems to be the only way for me now ( Format ) as long as i can keep my games on EXT HD im completely fine with that .... still tho i must wait my wife is nearly finished A Sackboy Adventure .... once thats done its on Format & Start Again

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tbh, after his last post, I'm a bit confused with what he's actually done. I heard from someone that the script doesn't work on 9.00. it was in KiiWii's thread. it messed up some things like it had sort priority changed to 0 instead of 100 somehow.
i actually read that too .. i guess im kinda fukt LOL

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it really makes no sense ? > but it really is that way if you Google this is been a quite a lot of this random " Other " Folder ?

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
me and Godreborn tired this yesturday no luck i wish i could im not looking forward to grabbing 500 gigs of games again ... but alas the OCD Monster won't accept them being gone !

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    @DinohScene Can you please delete my comment here? I cant edit since it'
    ..since it's locked and I really dont want to be a part of their attention seeking nonsense any longer.
    Thank you
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Hey there! :)