Homebrew ALL 3 Methods to get unbanned from recent ban wave

Did this unban you and if so which method did?

• Total voters

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So even though this is common knowledge now, I thought the the legit descriptions of these bans were interesting and are as follows:

002-0121 -
Cannot access the online service.

For help, visit support.nintendo.com. Authentication error on authentication server.

Local friend code SEED has invalid certificate. Causes include system malfunction, use of an illegal tool, connecting to a live-environment authentication server from development hardware, connecting to a development-environment authentication server from production hardware, etc.
This error can be reproduced on the error simulation server.

022-2812
-

You cannot access Nintendo Network
services using this system.

Please make a note of the error code
and visit support.nintendo.com.

The use of all network services has been suspended at the device level.
Error messages have actually changed over time through system updates, but only once though. But you are right about what it does and all that.

I've also decided to make a list of error codes, relating to bans. Please note that if anything in this post that says 'certificate', we mean the LocalFriendCodeSeed_A or LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file.

002-0102
Error message used on NATIVE_FIRM versions 1.0.0 to 10.4.0:

For help, visit support.nintendo.com.
Authentication error on authentication server.
Error message used on NATIVE_FIRM versions 10.5.0 and later:
This device's access to online services
has been restricted by Nintendo.

What does this error mean?
It means that the authentication server has verified the certificate (under the name LocalFriendCodeSeed_A or LocalFriendCodeSeed_B), used for accessing the Friend Service of the server. But the server has denied the certificate from allowing access to the service. In other words, the certificate has been blocked (aka banned).

Current solution:
As of this post, it is currently possible to bypass this by using a loophole in the Friend Service server by changing the certificate to that of a different console to trick the server into thinking that it's the same console, but not matching the certificate that's been banned. However, this loophole won't last forever, Nintendo is bound to patch their server at some point in the future to make it impossible to get past it without sacrificing all of your eShop purchases and Friend List.

002-0121
Error message used on NATIVE_FIRM versions 1.0.0 to 10.4.0:

Error message used on NATIVE_FIRM versions 10.5.0 and later:
This device's access to online services
has been restricted by Nintendo.

The authentication server cannot find a certificate on its server that matches the certificate on the console, usually because the certificate has been automatically removed from the server, along with the eShop account and Friend Service account. This is exactly why custom certificates cannot be made, even if we knew the RSA key for it. And that's why some people decide to sacrifice their own console's LocalFriendCodeSeed_A or LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file by sharing it. This error code only appears while using the Friend List app.

Current solution:
Same solution as error code 002-0102. However, this error code will only happen if you've got error code 022-2812 while attempting to connect to Nintendo Network services. You will also have to use the solution for error code 022-2812 as well.

022-2812
Error message used on all NATIVE_FIRM versions:
You cannot access Nintendo Network
services using this system.

Please make a note of the error code
and visit support.nintendo.com.
The console has been denied access from the Nintendo Network servers. In the past, it was possible to bypass this by simply changing the serial number in SecureInfo_A to match that of a different console. But now this is no longer possible since the authentication on the Nintendo Network servers also check for deviceID that matches the serial number stored in their database.

Current solution:
The only way to get around this, is by spoofing the deviceID to match that of a different console, along with the serial number matching that of the same console as the deviceID. It's not possible to use the same eShop account ID, as that account as been automatically deleted from the server after this ban is placed on the console. So you have to start over from scratch. This solution would be pretty useless to do anyways, unless you don't feel like spending around $100 on a new console.

Last edited by Platinum Lucario,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but according to the SDK list of error codes, they haven't been updated since 7.5.1 (12/5/2016 to be exact)... So it's all still current. :D And yeah, I was trying to do the same so people would stop "guessing" all crazy and thinking all 002 bans were the same, when they aren't Lol.

Also, I wanted to say the Legit descriptions of 002-0102 and 002-0121 are two completely different types of bans...

002-0102-
Authentication server error.
"Service currently down" Service for this user ID or MAC address has stopped.
This error can be reproduced on the error simulation server.

002-0121
Local friend code SEED has invalid certificate. Causes include system malfunction, use of an illegal tool, connecting to a live-environment authentication server from development hardware, connecting to a development-environment authentication server from production hardware, etc.

Last edited by Majickhat55,
Reactions: Platinum Lucario

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The Friend Service authorisation, authentication and accounting in a nutshell:

Valid certificate and ID not banned

Entrance:
ACL No. 1 said:
Nintendo 3DS said:
Hello, I'm a Nintendo 3DS.
ACL No. 1 said:
Okay, may please I see your Local Friend Code SEED?
Nintendo 3DS said:
Okay, here's my Local Friend Code SEED. *Gives it to ACL No. 1*
ACL No. 1 said:
Okay, let me check to see if your Local Friend Code SEED is on our server.
ACL No. 1 said:
Ah okay, yep, it's there! Let me decipher it and I'll give you its ID.
ACL No. 1 said:
*Hands 3DS the Friend Service ID* You can go through.
Nintendo 3DS said:
Thank you! *moves through the doors to the customs room*

Customs:
ACL No. 2 said:
Nintendo 3DS said:
Hello, I'm a Nintendo 3DS with this ID. *Gives it to ACL No. 2*
ACL No. 2 said:
Okay, let me check to see if this ID matches any of the IDs on the Banned IDs list.
ACL No. 2 said:
Okay, nope. I can't see it on the list. So you're free to go.
Nintendo 3DS said:
Thank you! *moves into the Friend Service room*

Valid certificate and ID from certificate is banned (Error Code: 002-0102)

Entrance:
ACL No. 1 said:
Nintendo 3DS said:
ACL No. 1 said:
Nintendo 3DS said:
ACL No. 1 said:
ACL No. 1 said:
Ah okay, yep, it's there! Let me decipher it and I'll give you its ID.
ACL No. 1 said:
*Hands 3DS the Friend Service ID* You can go through.
Nintendo 3DS said:
Thank you! *moves through the doors to the customs room*

Customs:
ACL No. 2 said:
Nintendo 3DS said:
Hello, I'm a Nintendo 3DS with this ID. *Gives it to ACL No. 2*
ACL No. 2 said:
Okay, let me check to see if this ID matches any of the IDs on the Banned IDs list.
ACL No. 2 said:
I'm sorry, your ID is on the Banned IDs list. So I'm afraid we can't let you in.
Nintendo 3DS said:
Oh okay, I understand.
ACL No. 2 said:
Yeah, sorry about that.

Invalid certificate (Error Code: 002-0121)

ACL No. 1 said:
Nintendo 3DS said:
ACL No. 1 said:
Nintendo 3DS said:
ACL No. 1 said:
ACL No. 1 said:
Sorry, I can't find it on our server, so we can't let you in.
Nintendo 3DS said:
Oh okay, I understand.
ACL No. 1 said:
Yep, sorry about that.

Last edited by Platinum Lucario,

greenhorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have just recently come back from not playing with my 3DS since the banwave of February, I notice at poll says that the method 3 is dead.

Does that means that I can no longer used that method to get unbanned? I don't have another 3DS so that the only method I could use, I only want to use pokebank again, all my pokes were totally legits a lot since my advance games

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have just recently come back from not playing with my 3DS since the banwave of February, I notice at poll says that the method 3 is dead.

Does that means that I can no longer used that method to get unbanned? I don't have another 3DS so that the only method I could use, I only want to use pokebank again, all my pokes were totally legits a lot since my advance games
Method 3 is not really dead. Just search for an unbanned LocalFriendCodeSeed_B on Uncle Google (can't link it, sorry) and inject it

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the way I did it even works anymore... Or exists for that matter.
Mine required using a weird version of Luma that changed your DeviceID temporarily to allow a system transfer on a hyperbanned console after removing your NNID by injecting a blank "nnidsave.bin", altering your serial number with a hex editor in stored certs, and relinquishing your existing NNID for a new one.
Although with the firmware update 11.3, using ANY other device ID other than the one unique to the console would throw an error when trying to access eShop etc, so I'm not sure if it would even work these days. Also, that Luma build was VERY unstable and only for A9LH. If you REALLY want to try it, I'm pretty sure I might have the files I used. However, I take no responsibility if you brick yourself.
Nintendo used to not verify device IDs, but then they noticed a whole bunch of consoles with the ID "1234" connecting to the Nintendo Network. So they turned on ID checking. Has nothing to do with a firmware update, and is entirely server side. You can still "unban" yourself by spoofing your ID with one dumped from an unbanned console, but it has to be the same model (and possibly region). If you use an O3DS ID on an N3DS, for example, the system will throw up update nags when trying to access the eShop. This is because NIM performs a title version check, and when it sees that you're obviously missing titles for the console you claim to be it forces you to update. Luma used to patch this check, but it was removed because it caused too many problems. Anyway, here's a video of me "unbanning" my N3DS by using a custom build of Luma that injects the DeviceID and CTCert from another console into the ITCM of my banned one.

Last edited by Joom,

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
To be perfectly honest, I really wouldn't see any point in wanting to spoof DeviceID of a 3DS to create a new NNID on a hyperbanned device. I would just use a completely new system altogether, since all the eShop purchase history would be gone and cannot be recovered and that the NNID also cannot be recovered, since the account is closed by Nintendo. And I'm not sure if the person's Friend Code can be recovered on a hyperbanned device either, unless someone can manage to do so.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
To be perfectly honest, I really wouldn't see any point in wanting to spoof DeviceID of a 3DS to create a new NNID on a hyperbanned device. I would just use a completely new system altogether, since all the eShop purchase history would be gone and cannot be recovered and that the NNID also cannot be recovered, since the account is closed by Nintendo. And I'm not sure if the person's Friend Code can be recovered on a hyperbanned device either, unless someone can manage to do so.
The Friend Code isn't lost, and not everyone really has or wants to throw money at a second console. I used the ID from my brother's console. The source 3DS isn't banned or anything, and is still fully usable. The only problem is that ID spoofing isn't really done at all in the wild so we have no idea if and how Nintendo will crack down on it. And yes, the loss of eShop purchases is a major downside, but beggars can't be choosers.

xscaralienx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
On method 3 for the 002 ban It says to press the Home Button, then more and to back up the nand. Is that the "Build Support Files" option? All I get is Format SD menu, that one and set rtc time&date (I thought you needed decrypt9to make the nand back up)

EDIT: DIDNT HAVE THE gm9 FOLDER ON MY SD CARD ROOT fuck.

Last edited by xscaralienx,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo used to not verify device IDs, but then they noticed a whole bunch of consoles with the ID "1234" connecting to the Nintendo Network. So they turned on ID checking. Has nothing to do with a firmware update, and is entirely server side. You can still "unban" yourself by spoofing your ID with one dumped from an unbanned console, but it has to be the same model (and possibly region). If you use an O3DS ID on an N3DS, for example, the system will throw up update nags when trying to access the eShop. This is because NIM performs a title version check, and when it sees that you're obviously missing titles for the console you claim to be it forces you to update. Luma used to patch this check, but it was removed because it caused too many problems. Anyway, here's a video of me "unbanning" my N3DS by using a custom build of Luma that injects the DeviceID and CTCert from another console into the ITCM of my banned one.

Yeah I used a custom version of Luma to do the same thing but it was like you said, before they implemented the 1234 check. Good to know it wasn't "patched" like I thought it was haha. Thanks for the info

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another reason for the ban is if you region change your 3DS without changing the serial number (SecureInfoA) That marks a HUGE flag, luckily I have another 3DS to unban myself with

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all