Alienware Curved Display

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Commander, Jun 13, 2008.

Jun 13, 2008

Alienware Curved Display by Commander at 8:46 PM (963 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Commander
    OP

Member Commander GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Some of you may have seen the new monitor that Alienware (Dell) is devising it utilizes 4 900x720 monitors, each on there side tilted slightly inwards to create a curved display, with a total resolution of 2880x900.
    It is very deep due the use of DLP technology for the display however this greatly improves image quality. It is also lit by LEDs. And of corse an amzing response time of 0.02ms and the decimal place is in the right spot.

Here is a video demoing the monitor: Alienware Curved Display Demo

I was thinking of buying one of these, currently I am running 3 monitors. The only shame is the height which I personally thought was a little small. Also the seems between the monitors are still visible but Alienware claims this will not be in the final product.

~ Commander

2. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    Looks cool. Wish it had better res

3. tomqman

Member tomqman This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.

United Kingdom
    i saw that a while back wish i had one it would be pretty sweat

4. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Man oh man, I remember seeing up to five once before, and that's probably nowhere near the max.

I run two monitors, laptop monitor down below and a flatpanel desktop monitor up above. Works pretty well, and hey, it reminds me of the DS. ;P Considering how little space I have at school, it works better than trying to do a side-by-side thing.