OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
500x_avpmouth_01.jpg

It's with a heavier heart than usual (normally it's as light as a sparrow!) that I tell you Rebellion's upcoming Aliens vs Predator has been "refused classification" in Australia. Which is as good as a ban.

Should have seen this coming a mile away. It's shaping up to be an incredibly gory game, and Australia's Classification Board - hamstrung by the country's lack of an adults-only game rating - simply couldn't let it slide as an MA15+ title.

Sega Australia's Vispi Bhopti tells us "SEGA Australia can today confirm that the initial submission of Aliens vs Predator has been Refused Classification by the Classification Operations Board of Australia. We will continue to investigate all options available to us, including the possibility of appeal".

That means there'll either be an appeal ("hey, you let the first two AvP games in!"), or the less palatable option, a reduction in the game's more visceral aspects.
Source.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yes spoil the game for everyone else just so australia can have it
blink.gif
thats stupid they should just appeal and if the appeal doesn't succeed well atleast the resourceful australian folk here can get to play the game
wink.gif
I do feel sorry for you australians though your Classification Operations Board of Australia are complete asses ¬¬

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
DarkWay said:
yes spoil the game for everyone else just so australia can have it
blink.gif
thats stupid they should just appeal and if the appeal doesn't succeed well atleast the resourceful australian folk here can get to play the game
wink.gif
I do feel sorry for you australians though your Classification Operations Board of Australia are complete asses ¬¬
If it does get edited it will only be for Australia.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
Edgedancer said:
Bladexdsl said:
fuck em just import it problem solved
tongue.gif
The main reason why people don't wish to import is that we are then pushing the issue aside rather than addressing the cause of the problem.
who cares as long as you get the game that's all that matters
laugh.gif
But we should not have to jump through hoops due the refusal to instigate a R18+ Rating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either