Gaming Aliens: Infestation - The Last Great DS Action Title?

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirmed working perfect on supercard dstwo.
Metroid type game...with space marines of course.
Game saves and reloads just fine.
I was a little iffy on the idea, but the game is pretty damn good so far!

PagaN

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I got game and play 30-40min - already 33% of game completed,
seem cheap clone of metroid from GBA.
work fine on acekard2

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PagaN said:
I got game and play 30-40min - already 33% of game completed,
seem cheap clone of metroid from GBA.
work fine on acekard2
Its definitely not a cheap clone at all and its a lot more action orientated and has a much different tone.

Have you even played Metroid Fusion/Zero Mission or at least this game?

So far liking a lot of it, certainly not a long game sadly.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
QUOTE said:
Depravo said:
did they ever release the old Konami coin-op Aliens game on any home system? If not, why not?
Never did go to anything other than arcade...maybe Konami either lost the license or didn't think it would sell without a movie being released alongside it.

i would kill for a ds mame emu that played just that 1 game. i was addicted to that game in the arcades and haven't played it in probably 10 or so odd years. its such a great co-op game and i always loved the "aliens" theme.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
is anyone else REALLY enjoying this game?

its so damn fun. it plays like a gba remake of the snes aliens platformer. they used the touch screen perfectly, taking away any pop-up menus the game would have had. its actually pretty challenging to, trying to get all your team members out alive.

i'm loving it to the point that i've already suggested it to a few friends.

-another world

Valzi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
is anyone else REALLY enjoying this game?

Yes, this may be one of my favorites by the time I'm done. I'm only unhappy that it looks to be REALLY short. I love that it's only 28mb and that the animations have such a brilliantly smooth framerate. Not that either of those matter next to the gameplay, which is also very good.

EDIT: I started thinking about how awesome a 2D System Shock or Bioshock game made in a similar (but more complex) mold as Aliens: Infestation would be. Doesn't that sound perfect?

iluvfupaburgers

FUPA Luva
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
loving this game so far, it looks so short so far. ive been playing for 2 hours maybe and im at 73% already. that long wait of 2 or 3 years has paid off. i remember when this game was still called colonial marines and got cancelled. i got so sad. but got excited when they announced it was going to happen again
smile.gif

sukebehito

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I've been playing the games 'till 2nd stage, and I couldn't find the 3rd bomd to destroy the powerplant.
I've searched until I stuck in a room that has a high platform (that seems need double jump to reach it).

Anyone has a clue? I'm pretty sure many of us looking for a way out too for this stage =(

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sukebehito said:
I've been playing the games 'till 2nd stage, and I couldn't find the 3rd bomd to destroy the powerplant.
I've searched until I stuck in a room that has a high platform (that seems need double jump to reach it).

Anyone has a clue? I'm pretty sure many of us looking for a way out too for this stage =(

Yeah, the collision detection for that area is a little iffy. Just jump toward the left side while on the crate and your guy should latch onto the upper platform.

As an aside, I'm really diggin' the game. I like the fact that you actually see a "game over" every once in a while, and when one of your guys dies, that's it -- they stay dead. It feels like Metroid meets survival horror. Very cool. A few technical issues here and there, but otherwise another sweet morsel. Must say, the DS isn't going quietly.

Dariusxq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
sukebehito said:

Hold R to run and then jump
yaynds.gif
It took me around 5 hours to finish game.

sukebehito

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Dariusxq said:
sukebehito said:

Hold R to run and then jump
yaynds.gif
It took me around 5 hours to finish game.

Yea it works! I didn't even know they can run, thanks to my "fragile" R button of DSi, need to blow it with full power before I can use it, lol.
Thanks!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i tried to hack the text files today. i didn't like the use of "s-storm" intead of "shit storm". i also didn't like how the 3rd bomb is in a part you haven't explored yet but the text says something like "i passed a construction zone awhile back, maybe they have bombs".

anyways, after repacking the file it didn't let me start the game.... and thus ends my attempt at hacking. lol

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb