Alien Homid error

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by shadowwolf1579, Aug 16, 2009.

Aug 16, 2009

Alien Homid error by shadowwolf1579 at 10:54 PM (761 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. shadowwolf1579
    OP

Newcomer shadowwolf1579 Member

United States
    First off, I am using the NGC loader that is on my SD Card, which I launch from the Homebrew channel. My systems firmware is 4.0U. I have the MIOS, CIOS, all that stuff.

I start up Alien Hominid, everything is fine until I get to the screen where it tells me I have no memory card inserted. Then it just stops and tells me "there has been an error, please restart the console and refer to the nintendo manual." I am able to run Zelda: Wind Waker fine. I have tried 2 separate Alien Hominid Iso's, but I get the same problem on both.

It might be because it's shrunken, but idk what size it would be if it was. The iso's I used were about 1.4 GB

Also, I can't find any NTSC versions of some games I want to play, only PAL. Anyway I can modify the Iso to make it NTSC?

2. Retrievil

Member Retrievil GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Quite a few games won't work when they are shrunken. I think Alien Hominid is one of them. Just to warn you, when you do get it running there is no music. [​IMG]

Anyway, use FSTFIX to restore the iso back to normal size and it should work. All GC games are the exact same size, just run fstfix and it will restore it.

3. shadowwolf1579
    OP

Newcomer shadowwolf1579 Member

United States
    No thats not it, it says the iso file is normal.

4. justmike

Member justmike GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    That's correct, don't shrink it or it won't work.

Also, I have the original game on GameCube (NTSC) and when I load it on the Wii it gives me the same error:

"there has been an error, please restart the console and refer to the nintendo manual."

Every other game I have that's original (NTSC) works on my PAL Wii, does anyone know why Alien original disc is giving me this error at the start?