Alex Kidd returns in the newly announced Miracle World DX remake

Before Sonic was on the scene, SEGA's mascot was Alex Kidd, who starred in Alex Kidd in Miracle World, a Master System game that released back in 1986. Now, more than thirty years later, that game is getting a remake. Merge Games, who published the recently released Streets of Rage 4 will be on board with the project, with the game to release on Steam, Nintendo Switch, and "Xbox and PlayStation consoles", according to IGN, who revealed the game during their Summer of Gaming event. The remake will feature new levels, modes, and boss battles, and even a "retro mode" as well, all based upon the original game. Currently, Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX is set for a Q1 2021 launch.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
But it's not enough for it to sell well nowadays unless it's very cheap.
You never know! I know Streets of Rage is a bigger IP, or say, Wonder Boy's remake had some really good marketing, but those oldschool Sega games did quite well in terms of sales, afaik. Maybe there's enough nostalgia there for this to succeed too.

Reactions: Zense and AlexMCS

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rastan does need a reboot, though Alex Kidd certainly needed revived also. I keep going back to Alex and Monster Boy where at the same time I hardly find myself wanting to play more Sonic games.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Calarts style?
If the title didn't had explicitely "Alex Kidd" I'd believe that this is cartoon network tish.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Rastan does need a reboot, though Alex Kidd certainly needed revived also. I keep going back to Alex and Monster Boy where at the same time I hardly find myself wanting to play more Sonic games.
And Caveman Ninja and Rygar and Snow Brothers 2!

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calarts style?
If the title didn't had explicitely "Alex Kidd" I'd believe that this is cartoon network tish.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And Caveman Ninja and Rygar and Snow Brothers 2!

No doubt Rygar needs rebooted.... ....again. I loved the PS2/Wii offering, but I'd love to see something that merged the graphic style of the original Arcade, with the Metroidvania 2D style of the NES release.

Reactions: JuanMena

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Very interesting. Don't know why I expected the Monster Boy/Wonder Boy 3 remake graphics style but it still looks good. Music and control is what is gonna be a deal breaker for this one obviously.

Last edited by Zense,

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It looks damn cool, I'll play it. Tho it looks like it's not developed by dotemu, but the trailer still looks cool so I'll get it

Danatkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
2021 ..... that’s a long time to release ?
I loved this game (and singing intro song in my head )

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesus christ, sega's on a roll with all these retro revivals
No wonder sonic is so shitty lately, all the attention & effort are going to these games

Last edited by 64bitmodels,

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just needs to be sooner
Seriously though, i would be hyped but not surprised if we saw a sequel to gunstar heroes, ristar, or even dynamite headdy. Sega's just taking all their old ips and throwing them into the 21 century
yea i know headdy and gunstar heroes are treasure ips dont @ me

Last edited by 64bitmodels,
Reactions: Ajlr and Danatkin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu