Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX locks in June release date

The remake for the classic Sega Master System game Alex Kidd in Miracle World is one step closer to getting released. SEGA has nailed down a definitive release date for the game, while showing off a few new bits and pieces of gameplay. Merge Games and Jankenteam are taking the 1986 platformer and reimagining it with modern graphics with the addition of a toggle to let you switch it back to the original 8bit mode, along with a new boss rush mode, while still keeping the game authentic to its original release. Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX is set to launch on just about every platform--Steam, Epic Games Store, PlayStation 4, 5, Xbox One, Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch--this summer, on June 24th.

Intragroove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was one of my favorite games as s kid even though I never got very far. It was so satisfying when I could make it to the copter or motorcycle levels. I remember never being able to get past some cave level though. I can't remember specifically since I didn't get there very often.
It's been sooo long since I last tried playing this, but I can still hear the music for the different stages...

Last edited by Intragroove,

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
If I remember correct, I prefered Alex Kidd in Shinobi World, but both were cool. I will give it a go. Funny, I havent played Alex for ages, but just installed the old game a few days ago on my G&W.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I bought all of the Alex Kidd games when I was growing up (save Shinobi World, which I've never seen a copy of outside of ebay)

Shinobi World is the best one, by a long shot. Let's hope that this remake is successful and we one day see a Shinobi world remake to follow.

ZipMartin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's good to see they're not afraid to add new elements. I like the direction this is going. Maybe they can really revive Alex Kidd, I hope so.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great Sega! I always love remakes!

Maybe Capcom will listen and remake Dino Crisis II (Yeah the old cool days when 2 was written II)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o