1. 1,774

Front-page

The remake for the classic Sega Master System game Alex Kidd in Miracle World is one step closer to getting released. SEGA has nailed down a definitive release date for the game, while showing off a few new bits and pieces of gameplay. Merge Games and Jankenteam are taking the 1986 platformer and reimagining it with modern graphics with the addition of a toggle to let you switch it back to the original 8bit mode, along with a new boss rush mode, while still keeping the game authentic to its original release. Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX is set to launch on just about every platform--Steam, Epic Games Store, PlayStation 4, 5, Xbox One, Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch--this summer, on June 24th.

Henx, smallissue, KingVamp and 10 others like this.
  2. Discussion (25 replies)

3. x65943

x65943 the end is nigh, buy doge coin
    Global Moderator

United States
    I have never played a game with DX at the end of it that I didn't like

4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    reminds me of monster boy. definitely a buy from me. monster boy was hard as hell with no faq. I died over 400 times, but I beat it. I didn't get 100% though.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  5. spotanjo3

spotanjo3 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    My friend loved this old game and he said he is so getting it. :)

ZipMartin and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  6. lokomelo

lokomelo Edson Arantes do Nascimento

Brazil
    My first video game ever. That's why I don't care if it will be good or not. I'm getting (0% rational decision).

I bet it would not be much improvement over the sega ages version tho.

AlexMCS and Milenko like this.
  7. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I dunt beliebe it! All those gameboy color games with DX.

rimoJO likes this.
  8. Roamin64

Roamin64 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Alex Kidd in miracle world is one of my all time favorite games. So many fond memories of this game playing as a kid. I hope they do it justice.

Glyptofane likes this.
  9. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

United States
    Ruddy Heck i havent played Alex Kid since my Master System ................... whatta blast from the past might have to give this a try after i finish Oddworld Soulstorm....

10. BitMasterPlus

BitMasterPlus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I started the original but never finished, because I didn't like it too much. Maybe I'll give it another chance in preparation for this,

11. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Addict

Argentina
    I honesty hope there is a way to bypass the Yankendo matches as that was the most annoying part of the original besides the stupid password to pass a level.

I literally took 17 years to beat this game because I didn't know you needed a password to go past certain level.

You need a password to go past certain level - -

Last edited by raxadian, Apr 8, 2021 at 10:18 PM
  12. Roamin64

Roamin64 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    What password is needed in Alex Kidd? Are you referring to the sequence you need to enter to get the crown at the very end of the game? I don't see what else you could be talking about.

13. CloudStrife190100

CloudStrife190100 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Loved this game back on the master system. Rock paper scissors :rofl2:

14. Issac

Issac I
    Supervisor

Sweden
    Me neither... not that I can think of at least ^_^

x65943 likes this.
  15. AlexMCS

AlexMCS GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    That is literally the ending though.

It was my first video game as well, and I loved it at the time (1992, 7y old), but I don't like it anymore.
    It reeks of artificial difficulty, however I only love games today because of it, so I'll definitely buy it.

16. Pleng

Pleng Custom Title

Thailand
    Did you even watch the trailer?!

17. Roamin64

Roamin64 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    The thing is that it is not a password. The game tells you your brother is captured in the blue castle. When you free him he tells you about the letter you need to find and trade in the next castle for that "password". You can still get the crown if you don't know the sequence because when you step on the correct symbol, there's a chime.. Sucks you had to figure this out so late... I had no trouble back in the 80s figuring out, but as I said it's one of my all time favorite games. I play it 2-3 times a year still..

18. vincentx77

vincentx77 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Most of these games look like shameless cash grabs. Though I'll keep the excitement down until this comes out, it looks like they've made significant improvements in the way his movements (possibly brought about by better animation), along with some positive changes in level design. I bought all of the Alex Kidd games when I was growing up (save Shinobi World, which I've never seen a copy of outside of ebay), so I'm cautiously optimistic.

This 'should' be nothing like Monster Boy. That was a more metroidvania style of game. This is (or was originally) a more basic platformer. He was kind of Sega's early answer to Mario.

19. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Addict

Argentina
    Yeah that one.

Is impossible to pass the level if you don't have the code unless you somehow guess it.

Well I got the game when I was six then got frustrated by both the Yankendo and being unable to get pass that level then finally beat it with an online guide 17 years after I first got the game.

I honesty hate all the games save Miracle World, the Arcade game and Shinobi world. Who puts a 30 minute limit to beat a game? Heck High Tech World was so frustrating even official Sega magazines recommended you used the password to get pass the mansion; play the platforming level and then pray at the shrine a hundred times to beat the game.

Last edited by raxadian, Apr 9, 2021 at 1:55 AM
  20. HarvHouHacker

HarvHouHacker Owner of the Rock Band Customs Project

United States
    Alex Kidd? Really?!? So SEGA is bringing back their former mascot? Interesting.

The game looks pretty cool; I may pick this one up, if it's not too expensive.

21. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Addict

Argentina
    Is on Steam so it will be eventually go on sale.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Miracle, release, World