I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Up until now I could open the Alerts box on desktop by hovering the cursor over the bell icon. Now, it only opens when clicked.

lol.gif

Browser: Chrome Stable 69.0.3497.100 64-bit

UPDATE: Alright people, false alarm. Apparently Windows misidentified my monitor as a touch screen. I got it sorted out. Sorry about that.

Last edited by smileyhead,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Works "fine" for me.
That is, unless the server is performing like shit, what happens too often lately.
In those cases the drop-down on mouse hoover gets delayed a lot, and after some time it just gives up.
But in those cases clicking the bell just throws me into a page that loads very slowly.

Browser: Chrome Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Works "fine" for me.
That is, unless the server is performing like shit, what happens too often lately.
In those cases the drop-down on mouse hoover gets delayed a lot, and after some time it just gives up.
But in those cases clicking the bell just throws me into a page that loads very slowly.
In that case you can see a loading animation in the top right, but that doesn't appear for me.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On newest chrome on windows 10, working fine for me

try disabling all of your extensions?

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have a device with a touchscreen? I have this issue on all hover elements on my Spectre x360 but never bothered to report. I guess the JS just checks if its touch and assumes that's mobile. A user agent check would be better.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Do you have a device with a touchscreen? I have this issue on all hover elements on my Spectre x360 but never bothered to report. I guess the JS just checks if its touch and assumes that's mobile. A user agent check would be better.
Maybe this is what's happening, on my Surface it has never (that I have noticed) opened that window without clicking.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so for some more "accurate" tests, I tested mouse over on 5 PCs I have sitting around the house on a few different OS's.

HP Envy x360, Windows 10 (with touchscreen enabled): Mouse over does not cause the alert panel to drop down. This is true on Chrome, MS Edge, and Firefox.
HP Envy x360, Linux Mint (touchscreen isn't even detected on it): Mouse over does cause the alert panel to drop down as normal. This is true on Chrome, and Firefox.

Surface Book, Windows 10 (with touchscreen enabled): Mouse over does not cause the alert panel to drop down. This is true on Chrome, MS Edge, and Firefox.
Surface Book, Linux Mint (Touchscreen isn't detected): Mouse over does cause the alert panel to drop down as normal. Tested on Chrome, and Firefox.

Gaming desktop, Windows 10 (no touchscreen): Mouse over does cause the alert panel to drop down as normal. Tested on Chrome, MS Edge, and Firefox.
Gaming desktop, Linux Mint (no touchscreen): Mouse over does cause the alert panel to drop down as normal. Tested on Chrome and Firefox.

Work PC, Windows 10. Same as Gaming PC.

2009 Macbook, Windows 7, same as Gaming PC.
2009 Macbook, OSX El Capitan, same as Gaming PC.
2009 Macbook, Linux Mint, same as Gaming PC.

So whomever suggested that perhaps the presence of a touchscreen may be causing issues appears to be correct based on all my testing. I have a couple other laptops around that have touchscreens I can test on if needed, but I'd have to shift around some parts to do so, so I didn't bother lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE