Albert Marin, developer of the RE4 HD Project, joins Nightdive Studios

1679515334801.png

Resident Evil 4 is surely one of the best games out there, and with its upcoming remake just a couple of days away, people can jump right into the original to relive the experience and hype up the release of the remake even further.

One of the best ways to experience the original RE4, is with the release of the Resident Evil 4 HD Project, which takes real-life locations that served as inspirations (and sometimes even the exact locations!) for certain textures and assets used in the original game, and revamps them into full HD. The project not only goes into HD textures, but it also redoes a lot of 3D models found within the game, reworks some stages and fixes a lot of bugs and issues (thanks to the re4_tweaks project, which is integrated into RE4HD) found in the original RE4 Ultimate HD (UHD) Steam release of the game.

The developer behind the RE4 HD Project, Albert Marin, has worked on this project for almost a decade, and he just posted an update on the RE4HD website, with interest still going strong for even another update down the road:
Albert Marin said:
I want to do another patch during the summer. Right now, I’m working and studying at the same time. So I have absolute ZERO free time and TONS of coffee in my veins! I’m aware I have to update a lot of things in the page…

Not everything is related to RE4HD though, as Albert has also announced that he has recently been given an opportunity to enter the videogame industry properly working at Nightdive Studios, though still at an undisclosed position:

Albert Marin said:
I'm really happy because I’m finally and for the first time in my life working in the videogame industry.
Thank you, Joel, for having faith in me, and thank you, Stephen, for the opportunity in Nightdive Studios 😀
BTW, if someone is interested in my boring Instagram… I should post more frequently XD

Nightdive Studios themselves have also shared the news on Twitter regarding Albert Marin's addition to their team:

If you haven't already, try out the RE4 HD Project that Albert has so passionately worked on for years, as it is without a doubt the best way to experience the original RE4 in all of its highly detailed glory!

:arrow: Source

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I notice the title of this thread quoted the studio as "nightdrive" instead of "nightdive". Anyways, on a related note, Modern Vintage Gamer must be proud.

PopcornSweetie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am really happy for him. Nightdive is a great choice for him, seeing how he is so passionate about his RE4: HD Project.

As someone who owns RE4 on 3 different platforms. (GCN, Wii & Switch) I really wanna buy it on Steam, just so i can download this mod and try it!! ^_^

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am really happy for him. Nightdive is a great choice for him, seeing how he is so passionate about his RE4: HD Project.

As someone who owns RE4 on 3 different platforms. (GCN, Wii & Switch) I really wanna buy it on Steam, just so i can download this mod and try it!! ^_^
I wonder what amazing things he has to offer to Nightdive, this is gonna be interesting.

Reactions: PopcornSweetie

PopcornSweetie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder what amazing things he has to offer to Nightdive, this is gonna be interesting.
Indeed, Seeing that he has experience in remastering games. Who knows what kind of remasters, ports or whatelse he will do. Whatever it is, i wish him the best. He deserves it more then anything!

Reactions: Henx and SylverReZ

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
This is amazing and this is the quality Capcom should of pushed for RE4 HD on PC as well as PS4 etc... Remaster Ports

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Why nobody's talking about the fact that we lost someone who would have made more HD projects now they can't since they working for some gaming company....
He will be working on remastering games for ND?

And will get paid for it? And can focus on it 40 hours a week full time. With a team of guys on the same project and not alone anymore? It's great news.
Post automatically merged:

Hopefully the Atari acquisition of Night Dive (news just came out) doesn’t fuck him over

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...-bonds-convertible-into-new-Atari-shares.html

This needs to be front page gbatemp news as well

This is awful news. When was the last time Atari did ANYTHING right? This is the same Atari that refused to let Nightdive continue working on their Blood release when it had tons of bugs. They wouldn't let them update it. THAT Atari, the Atari that does nothing with it's IPs or listen to fans. Man, why did Nightdive sell out?

Last edited by Purple_Shyguy,

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
He will be working on remastering games for ND?

And will get paid for it? And can focus on it 40 hours a week full time. With a team of guys on the same project and not alone anymore? It's great news.
Post automatically merged:

This is awful news. When was the last time Atari did ANYTHING right? This is the same Atari that refused to let Nightdive continue working on their Blood release when it had tons of bugs. They wouldn't let them update it. THAT Atari, the Atari that does nothing with it's IPs or listen to fans. Man, why did Nightdive sell out?

Apparently night dive had a proprietary XEK Engine that allowed older games to work on newer hardware…Atari is definitely going to selfishly keep it for themselves and no 3rd party publisher is going to have access. System Shock 2 remake is very much in danger

And why they fucking sold out? I have no idea

Reactions: Purple_Shyguy

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You should buy it on Steam. The game is typically on sale for only $5 and hopefully there's nothing stopping you from taking the plunge.

• Love
Reactions: PopcornSweetie

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Why nobody's talking about the fact that we lost someone who would have made more HD projects now they can't since they working for some gaming company....
That “some gaming company” has given us some of the best modern ports of classic titles… Can only see this as a net positive.

Reactions: urbanman2004

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
They should just call themselves Homebrew Studios.
Seems to be the main source of their talent (they also snagged MVG, the old Xbox scener).

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

He explicitly mentions in his post that he wants to make an update to RE4 HD by the summer once he's done with school stuff, so it's unlikely the work at Nightdive would drive him away from the project.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/atar...LhkpiGRcFrOGa5MnUfVn8F9S9Ib9PK54iRnyKlFuxPebc

atari just bought 100% of nightdive studios... so dont expect anything from nightdive now, they will be run into the ground and make remasters of pong and such... seriosuly and they paid 10 million for the aquisition 5 in money and 5 in atari shares... so its basically a free buyout, guess nightdive studios was really needing the money since they took such a low ball offer.

• Sad
Reactions: Henx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: