'Alan Wake Remastered' confirmed; launches this fall

alan wake remastered.png

After being rumored for a few days, the remastered version of Alan Wake has been confirmed. Sam Lake, Remedy Entertainment's Creative Director, made the announcement in a guest blog post on alanwake.info.

"This is for you," writes Sam Lake. "Alan Wake came out over 11 years ago, and through that time, you have told us again and again how much you love the game, the story, the characters, and the lore. And that matters a lot to us. We love this game as well. I love this game. The remaster is coming because of your support for Alan Wake through the years."

In the post, the creative director confirms that Alan Wake Remastered is "nearing its completion" and that it will be a multiplatform title published in partnership with Epic Games Publishing. Multiplatform. It will launch on PC on the Epic Games Store, Xbox and PlayStation consoles (both this generation and the previous one). The release window has been announced for this fall but previous "leaks" were more specific, giving the title a launch date for October 5th.

You can read Sam Lake's post in its integrity in the source link below.

:arrow: SOURCE

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope there's some more ambitious plans for this remaster. New playable content would be cool as hell but a game like this that plays around with light and shadow so much seems like a shoe-in for raytraced lighting.

Obviously this should be addressed officially by Remedy but as an FYI, there is an unofficial fix for the low-res texture bug: https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Control#Blurry_textures
yea ive tried them, it somewhat makes some improvement but still will load some textures really low res

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I never had any of those issues, but I also don't play on low resolutions. I heard about there being issues like that at launch, but nothing after updates/fixes. Sounds like people with a gfx card or rig that can't really run the demanding game. I mean, it can't even be run in native 4k everything on ultra on a 3090.
my rig is perfectly capable of running this, i had the game refunded off steam and not long ago was put on epic for free so i downloaded it again, and still the same problems.

ive to look in full at the game as the crash errors mainly when booting game is trying to locate an exe which i dont see in the actual install directory or on the game itself, both dx12 and 11 try to boot different exe, only solution to pass the black screen on boot is to remove renderer.ini, as for texture issues its down to it not been ported over properly for dx 11/12 hence why they couldnt be arsed to fix 11 and just removed it all together, but the game itself is still trying to load it if you dont have dx12.

its like the engine is getting confused, when setting textures to ultra high, theyre low resolution and look absolutely shit.

yet set to normal, they look slightly better, set to low they look full resolution.

also if you start getting problems, change screen from full screen boarder less to full screen boarderd and back again and it temporarily fixes the problem.

i gave up on the pile of crap, not like the game was really worth it, was rather boring just running around a building shooting enemies and getting special unlocks, the game story didnt grab me and often found running around aimlessly too, game didnt impress me that much, so deleted it again.

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
this is whats to expect on nintendo consoles tho, your not given the option to play said games when its new, mainly is it hardware lacking, yes, or is it they dont sell as well hence no support until nintendo make a new system with the hardware to easily port its old games.

thats the problem, buy a new console to play all the games they lacked the first time round, while the new systems are getting new titles, nintendo is always behind and the switch is worse for all the sodding ports, that even nintendo cant be arsed and port its same old crap.

but the fans will deny and defend.

id rather have the option to play games when its new, not wait for a new system to play what i already own.
Do you have mental health issues or something? Switch can run recent games. It runs the both DOOM games, it runs The Witcher 3, and it can obviously run an old ass game like Alan Wake, even if they put few new textures in there to market it as a remaster. Hardware limitations are obviously not the reason for the lack of a Switch port. Also thrid party games sell well on the Switch, as CDPR and Bethesda repeatedly stated about their Switch ports.

BTT: I enjoyed Alan Wake a lot, back on the Xbox as well as on the PC.
But unless we get Alan Wake 2, the remaster is unfortunately useless.

Last edited by tpax,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
this is whats to expect on nintendo consoles tho, your not given the option to play said games when its new, mainly is it hardware lacking, yes, or is it they dont sell as well hence no support until nintendo make a new system with the hardware to easily port its old games.

thats the problem, buy a new console to play all the games they lacked the first time round, while the new systems are getting new titles, nintendo is always behind and the switch is worse for all the sodding ports, that even nintendo cant be arsed and port its same old crap.

but the fans will deny and defend.

id rather have the option to play games when its new, not wait for a new system to play what i already own.
every post you say the exact same thing about nintendo lol.
Switch is a handheld console there is no way it will be powerful enough to stand to home consoles, no one denys that at all.

No one is forced to buy a nintendo console, if they want to play the latest AAA games they should just get a pc or ps5/xbsx not a handheld console, its logic...

Switch is selling preety damn well so nintendo strategy is working for them, so no need to compete with ps5/xbox when they target the younger audience.

you will never have an afordable handheld that can do 4k 60 like ps5 in the next 10 years...

CrossOut

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hope the music tracks from Poets Of The Fall will stll be in the game. Normally with remasters many years later the popular songs are not in them since the publishers do not want to pay the rights anymore. Fingers crossed the songs are still in the game. I wont be surpised if they are no longer in the game. Another thing is that the PC version is on Epics shop sadly. I really hope it comes to Steam or GOG soon

Last edited by CrossOut,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
every post you say the exact same thing about nintendo lol.
Switch is a handheld console there is no way it will be powerful enough to stand to home consoles, no one denys that at all.
right pal take a breather and see the point made when i mention nintendo.

and lets take your denial goggles off and take a look back, then come to my point when mentioning its nintendo so dont expect anything different, this isnt just about it been a clone tablet, but if you care to do some research before you jump to defend nintendo, there are other tablet devices able to do better.

but for sake of your argument pal, so we gamers are to yet again suffer the lacking titles just so nintendo can mask a cheap inferior console again with BS gimmicks?

cheap for them to produce when they simply port the same crap anyway, sod third party support titles they always lack first time.

or

you saying its ok, lets continue having cheap BS gimmick consoles, we dont want the option to play these new titles???

No one is forced to buy a nintendo console, if they want to play the latest AAA games they should just get a pc or ps5/xbsx not a handheld console, its logic...

how far is your head up nintendo's ass?

so you confirm the above question, you agree its ok to not have the option to play todays new games, so nintendo can release a bs gimmick to print money.

your ok buying a new console to play all the old titles from before?

you buy a new console, to play old games?

Switch is selling preety damn well so nintendo strategy is working for them, so no need to compete with ps5/xbox when they target the younger audience.

you will never have an afordable handheld that can do 4k 60 like ps5 in the next 10 years...

no one is even talking about a PS5, yet again nintendo fan rushing to the rescue and even putting words into the mix Thats not even been said, its funny, your unable to see the truth, yet able to see shit thats not even been said.

nintendo audiences are not just kids, it has adult gamers, and general gamers who want the option to play games across all systems, everyone else manages it, BUT nintendont.....

dont try quote to defend, makes you look super loyal, fact is, its true and it has been for years, Nintendo are more focused on marketing a BS gimmick than it is actually providing a console that gives the gamer the option to play todays games.

no, sit back enjoy all your old wii/wiiu, ps2-ps3 ports from decades ago.

but dont fret pet, nintendo will soon have to release its next cheap next gen that will be subpar to ps4/xbx1 x and youll will eventually get to play all the great titles when devs are able to port its old games over.

Do you have mental health issues or something? Switch can run recent games. It runs the both DOOM games, it runs The Witcher 3, and it can obviously run an old ass game like Alan Wake, even if they put few new textures in there to market it as a remaster. Hardware limitations are obviously not the reason for the lack of a Switch port. Also thrid party games sell well on the Switch, as CDPR and Bethesda repeatedly stated about their Switch ports.

BTT: I enjoyed Alan Wake a lot, back on the Xbox as well as on the PC.
But unless we get Alan Wake 2, the remaster is unfortunately useless.
your asking if i have mental health issues?

is alan wake remaster coming to switch?

nope.

now take your goggles off and take a good long hard look at the facts, how many new titles have yet again skipped nintendo?

as for doom, wow a watered down crap inferior port of a shit game.

and fyi, if the switch can easily run Alan Wake, then ask why its not getting it, and we all know third parties DO NOT sell as well as they do on the other systems.

wake up, thats why they dont waste time dedicating a team to make a version just for the switch, like nintendo consoles before, they avoid it, then when they have a console capable they port...... ohhh well fuck me, isnt this just what i was saying and you claim i have mental issues?

where are 90% of recent new titles, please show me a list of those on ps4/xbx1 and those same games on the switch.

youll find that list is very very short.

yet if we make a list of ps2/ps3/wii/wiiu, all these old games ported over finally.

now shhh go eat your corn flakes.

the switch lags playing BOTW, never mind alan wake the old version, sod it trying to run a "remaster", just ask yourself one question.

why is it the switch is been avoided then ??? hmmm just like countless other games its lacked ehh.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: CrossOut

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
right pal take a breather and see the point made when i mention nintendo.

and lets take your denial goggles off and take a look back, then come to my point when mentioning its nintendo so dont expect anything different, this isnt just about it been a clone tablet, but if you care to do some research before you jump to defend nintendo, there are other tablet devices able to do better.

but for sake of your argument pal, so we gamers are to yet again suffer the lacking titles just so nintendo can mask a cheap inferior console again with BS gimmicks?

cheap for them to produce when they simply port the same crap anyway, sod third party support titles they always lack first time.

or

you saying its ok, lets continue having cheap BS gimmick consoles, we dont want the option to play these new titles???

how far is your head up nintendo's ass?

so you confirm the above question, you agree its ok to not have the option to play todays new games, so nintendo can release a bs gimmick to print money.

your ok buying a new console to play all the old titles from before?

you buy a new console, to play old games?

no one is even talking about a PS5, yet again nintendo fan rushing to the rescue and even putting words into the mix Thats not even been said, its funny, your unable to see the truth, yet able to see shit thats not even been said.

nintendo audiences are not just kids, it has adult gamers, and general gamers who want the option to play games across all systems, everyone else manages it, BUT nintendont.....

dont try quote to defend, makes you look super loyal, fact is, its true and it has been for years, Nintendo are more focused on marketing a BS gimmick than it is actually providing a console that gives the gamer the option to play todays games.

no, sit back enjoy all your old wii/wiiu, ps2-ps3 ports from decades ago.

but dont fret pet, nintendo will soon have to release its next cheap next gen that will be subpar to ps4/xbx1 x and youll will eventually get to play all the great titles when devs are able to port its old games over.

your asking if i have mental health issues?

is alan wake remaster coming to switch?

nope.

now take your goggles off and take a good long hard look at the facts, how many new titles have yet again skipped nintendo?

as for doom, wow a watered down crap inferior port of a shit game.

and fyi, if the switch can easily run Alan Wake, then ask why its not getting it, and we all know third parties DO NOT sell as well as they do on the other systems.

wake up, thats why they dont waste time dedicating a team to make a version just for the switch, like nintendo consoles before, they avoid it, then when they have a console capable they port...... ohhh well fuck me, isnt this just what i was saying and you claim i have mental issues?

where are 90% of recent new titles, please show me a list of those on ps4/xbx1 and those same games on the switch.

youll find that list is very very short.

yet if we make a list of ps2/ps3/wii/wiiu, all these old games ported over finally.

now shhh go eat your corn flakes.

the switch lags playing BOTW, never mind alan wake the old version, sod it trying to run a "remaster", just ask yourself one question.

why is it the switch is been avoided then ??? hmmm just like countless other games its lacked ehh.
im loyal to what? lol i have been a sony folower and a nintendo follower i always get a playstation and nintendo console heck i even have original xbox and xbox360.

Switch is an handheld console first so i dont expect to see like cyberpunk on the switch its just expectations, same way i enever expected to have any assassins creed latest game on 3ds.

when you buy a handheld console you need to know realistic what you will be playing there, its only natural to not have those games if the console cant play them, like i said again i have a 3ds and i dont expect to play watchdogs on it or far cry becuase i know it cant handle it, same for the switch.

right now i have ps5 and switch and im gold, 4k gaming at home and light gaming portably on the switch, that is what it was made for imo. switch was always an handheld first and a homeconsole last, that is why even switch lite is just handheld only no tv out.

while there are older gamers with nintendo consoles most of the userbase is kids and developers know that, even on consoles that actualy had power to play the games they werent ported becuase the userbase of people that want 18+ games on the switch itsnt that high compared to ps5/xbox.

Also this game isnt on switch yet, the devs can port it in the future if they want too lots of companys port the games latter, you need to remind yourself that both ps5/xbox are x86 machines so the porting is very easy and they are very alike, while switch is arm based so it needs special attention on the porting aspect.

ALL in ALL when i buy an handheld i dont expect to play the latest AAA games becuase im realistic, i didnt buy a switch to play assassins creed or gta, becuase i know those wont be on switch if you expected otherwise you re the ones wearing googles, the gc had way more power than the ps2 and never got a gta game and both ps2 and xbox got 3(well 5 with storys series) games, so i dont expect them to ever do a 3d gta game on any nintendo console, because they dont care.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This was one of my fave horror game for xbox 360 back in the day. Glad to see it being remastered. I hope it would do well. Fatal Frame is also coming coming. I can't wait for those horror games coming back again.

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I knew those broke ass of remedy would seek that piece of trash of a publisher. I hope this release will also have a nice skin for the majority of people who will not buy it.

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
It's not going to run on my PS3 or Vita, and I'll be damned if I ever buy anything again from Sony.

I know that feeling, Sony kinda ticked me off coz of the $h1tty build quality during ps3 days, four ps3's cr@pped out on me. BTW how is your ps3 still alive?

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"for the fans!"
"but only on Epic!"

Yeah they must have gotten some Epic cash for it.
Though the remaster might not have happened otherwise, better to exist than not.

So all us Steam users get abandoned?
For the fans though.
Hopefully after the one year exclusive deal they just give Steam users a free or discounted upgrade for the wait if it doesn't end up a freebie on Epic before then.

Ghostbusters remaster never made it back to Steam but it was given away free on Epic pretty quickly.
Unless on console it seems best to just wait for it to be free than buy the game again.

Switch version to play on the go would have been neat too, especially the arena shooter spin off but alas theres always Steam Deck.
Hopefully the Steam version doesnt get removed like Ghostbusters did.

Last edited by shadow1w2,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.