Alan Wake on PC Makes Profit in First 48 Hours

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Following along with the good news about Rayman: Origins' success, I'm happy to report that the PC port of Alan Wake made it's development and marketing budget back (and then some).

Things are looking good for the PC version of Alan Wake which finally turned up on Steam a few days ago. Despite the game being around on the Xbox 360 for the past couple of years, PC gamers leaped at the chance to play it on their platform of choice, dragging the game to the top of the Steam charts and, more importantly, into profitability in just two days.
Source: The Escapist

There's no word yet about whether American Nightmare (the XBLA spin off/sort of sequel) will also be ported to the PC, but after these sales, I wouldn't doubt it. There is also no word yet on the subject of a true sequel to the game, but this certainly hurt its odds.

Alan Wake was a pretty great game, and I'm glad to see it doing so well (and if you haven't played this game but own a 360/good enough PC, I definitely suggest you check out). I guess this also goes to show developers that, despite the negative buzz about piracy, the PC market is not one to ignore.

Now, please excuse me while I rock out.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Must have been quite a cheap port then :creep:

Apparently it was done pretty well. 3D support, dual screen support, some minor touch ups here and there to make it well optimized for the PC. It's still a port in the end but this helps the franchise a lot. The Xbox 360 game sold pretty average, but this PC port means that the franchise can not only live on with more retail releases, but it may go multiplat as well (or at least Xbox 360-PC multiplat).

I wonder if they kept the Xbox 360 at the rehab center (whatever it's called, it's where you meet the Old Gods of Asgard for the first time) though. Thought that was kinda funny, just so people could go "OH YEAH THIS IS AN EXCLUSIVE HOLY SHIT".

EDIT: Also I think American Nightmare has been announced for the PC as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: