OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Rich Johnston reports this morning that manga creator Akira Toriyama is going to write some new chapters of Dragon Ball (also known as Dragon Ball Z in the United States). Dragon Ball originally ran from 1984 to 1995 in Japan, and Viz Media published it in the U.S.

Johnston states the obvious: “Something that will make this event even more spectacular is a simultaneous fully translated worldwide launch of the new book.”

The Viz folks were tweeting last week about a big announcement to come this week, and they have already done a simultaneous release with Rumiko Takahashi’s Rin-ne, so this indeed may be their big news. Stay tuned!

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/...to-dragon-ball/

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
QUOTE said:
Dragon Ball (also known as Dragon Ball Z in the United States).
*facepalm*
They're two different series, except Z was the only one popular in the U.S.

Actually no they are not. Only the anime continues as Z after the last touramenet with chi-chi. In the original manga it was always called dragon ball. They're was never a name change. The Anime dub hit before the translated manga chapters taking place after time skip were completed, thus when the next manga chapters started here in the US it was misnamed DBZ.

Frog

Trophies
XP
Country
chartube12 said:
DeMoN said:
QUOTE said:
*facepalm*

Actually no they are not. Only the anime continues as Z after the last touramenet with chi-chi. In the original manga it was always called dragon ball. They're was never a name change. The Anime dub hit before the translated manga chapters taking place after time skip were completed, thus when the next manga chapters started here in the US it was misnamed DBZ.
...So then is this referring to Z or regular DB?

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If it's DBZ oh my fucking god...
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif
... I do want to see some more Vegeta...
wub.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Akira Toriyama had nothing to do with DBGT, it's not at all canon.

Chances are, whatever Toriyama is writing might have something to do with Dragon Ball Online.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
Akira Toriyama had nothing to do with DBGT, it's not at all canon.

Chances are, whatever Toriyama is writing might have something to do with Dragon Ball Online.

Even though I considered GT complete and utter crap (it was entirely too confusing, I prefer the original Dragon Ball series better, it was cuter and was more lighthearted), I think it can be considered somewhat canon. Toriyama did not write the story, but from what I've heard he strictly oversaw the production of the series so he did have something to do with the series, sorta.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Frog said:
chartube12 said:
DeMoN said:
QUOTE said:
*facepalm*

...So then is this referring to Z or regular DB?
since they are both the same series it will obivously continue on from uub and goku's tournament match at the end of what we know as dbz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)