Hacking akiao issues

idc117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iv been testing/trying to use akiao for about 2-3 weeks. i like it it has more features then the rpg firm.
that said
i noticed 3 issues. so i will post them here for you to see

the download cheat data base dosent work. yea i kno it works for some ppl (has a 90% work rate for ppl who can use it bla,bla),but every one else is screwed.

if u experienced this next problem let me kno so i dont feel crazy
changing multiple patches for a single game is unstable. for example, on club house games. i open the properties for CHG then switch: "ds download play" "softreset" and the cheat thing from "default" to "disable". i hit "A" it saves and i go to file info. without exiting the file info (it dosen't matter if you do or not) i press "Y" and change the same 3 options back from "disable" to "default". i hit "A" it "saves". but when i check my hard work every thing is still on "disable".
it seems like there are certain conditions that must be met in order your patch options to be saved, because all of the options 3 will change to "enable" but will not go to "default" unless you change them one by one, excluding "soft reset" which is an asshole and will not change from "disable" to anything by its self.

the unknown/auto feature for saves dose not work it just creates a new save over whatever one you had before (tested the unknown/auto on acww, CHG and customrobo arena, fail = 100%).
iv been fighting the save system afterwork for the past 3 days. the game wont recolonize my damn acww save. i used the converter website but the kard ignores it and overwrites it.

well those are the main things bothering me
everything else is a minor annoyance

can anyone else relate?
any help ya may have is appreciated

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
idc117 said:
the download cheat data base dosent work. yea i kno it works for some ppl (has a 90% work rate for ppl who can use it bla,bla),but every one else is screwed.

no need to blah blah it... the wifi is buggy and being looked into.

QUOTE said:
changing multiple patches for a single game is unstable. for example, on club house games. i open the properties for CHG then switch: "ds download play" "softreset" and the cheat thing from "default" to "disable". i hit "A" it saves and i go to file info. without exiting the file info (it dosen't matter if you do or not) i press "Y" and change the same 3 options back from "disable" to "default". i hit "A" it "saves". but when i check my hard work every thing is still on "disable".
it seems like there are certain conditions that must be met in order your patch options to be saved, because all of the options 3 will change to "enable" but will not go to "default" unless you change them one by one, excluding "soft reset" which is an asshole and will not change from "disable" to anything by its self.

patches are global, you have the option to tweek then with each rom within the properties but settings are global for all roms. with that said if this is left over from the bliss code it may be buggy. some things bliss left unfinished but if norm or smiths see this thread it will get fixed =).

the unknown/auto feature for saves dose not work it just creates a new save over whatever one you had before (tested the unknown/auto on acww, CHG and customrobo arena, fail = 100%).
iv been fighting the save system afterwork for the past 3 days. the game wont recolonize my damn acww save. i used the converter website but the kard ignores it and overwrites it.

saving writes data to the .sav or .nds.sav file, it doesn't make a new file it appends it. i have no idea what "acww" means but i can confirm that not all saves load up. my r4 mario kart save won't load, and i also converted with shinyweb. i did get it to load once in the new beta firmware but since the recent beta version it doesn't load again. i finally gave up and started to replay the game.

these are the issues you have to deal with when using opensource firmware updated by 2 people. if there was a paid team behind this, i'm sure more bugs would be ironed out. again just make smiths and norm aware of it and let them run with it.

-another world

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
i found that per rom option thing not working and doin what you said.
there was a corrupt file (who knows why) and i forget thename but it's the one that stores the rom settings.. it's in __aio, and I think it's a .bin file

Delete it.

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
logical thinker said:
Is it "optionlist.bin"?

I dont have that file (only savelist.bin from the update feature), so i would assume it would be safe to delete optionlist.bin
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: