Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
An update to the Wifi Plugin for the AceKard RPG/AK2.
Has better receive stuff and more checks and all.
Also can update savelist.bin

To get savelist.bin and whatnot (basically display the options when plugin loads), set the "DATorXML" (option 2 in the UpdateDB option in AKAIO) to "Show on Load"

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3215

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Smiths.
..I am now enjoying
smile.gif
the latest savelist.bin via wifi.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Smiths! I have yet to be able to get the wifi downloads to work with my setup, but I'll install this later and report back if it made any difference.

ETA: It downloaded the whatsnew file without any problems, but I got a "Error Downloading file" during the download of USRCHEAT.DAT. Still, an error message is much better than hanging, so I'm pleased with the error checking. I tried the download again and got much farther (522Kb/973Kb), but still was unable to download USRCHEAT.DAT (same error). Third time, got even farther (815Kb/973Kb). Fourth time, not as far (227Kb/973Kb). Unfortunately, this last time I also didn't get the "Error Downloading file" and the "B to cancel" didn't work. I did not have an empty .zip file on my microSD card like the last time though. So, even though the download still didn't work it behaved much better than the last version.

-Bri

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
The update for the CheatDB on this is dependent on a nice, constant stream of data directly to/from GBATemp's website.

The savelist.bin is a 47KB file from acekard.com's server.

USRCheatup is an outdated .gzip file hosted on googlepages and manually placed there by usrcheatup's author

Nintendo DS WFC is connecting to Nintendo's servers and using all of Nintendo's servers to maintain things

DSOrganize connects to different servers as well.

So if it isn't working for you, I would blame your router and GBATemp's servers for not providing a nice, smooth stream of data to/from eachother.
It works for me roughly 96% of the time, and I'm quite happy with that.

So no more damn posts about "I can play Mario Kart DS just fine, so this should work".
When GBATemp's servers hack the WFC and manually re-route all Mario Kart DS servers to the GBATemp.net server to host the WFC manually and you all have to connect to their server at once to play Mario Kart DS and it works... then you can use that analogy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Do you remember this song?