Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
gumbyx84 said:
tk_saturn said:
I didn't have the Skin issue. For me it changes Skins and restarts without white screening.
Ya. This is why I hesitate to call it a bug with the firmware. I think I'm going to break down and reformat my MicroSD card with the Panasoic formatter just to see if it might fix the problem.

Edit: Actually I'm going to do it right now. Quick question: Of the people who are having the problem, what DS/DSi are you using? I have an XL.

Update: Formatted the card and copied over backup. Still having the same problem.

This is actually a bug in the ak2 loader, I'll upload new loaders sometime today to fix the problem. In the mean time it all works fine if you disable homebrew softreset.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Alice is fine. There's a bug in the loaders, I did upload a Repack but...

Just update the loaders.

Is that repack the same as the DQIV repack? If so, I already got it from the AKAIO forum link and Alice didn't work with a fresh install.
I'll try again and if not I'll try the loader update method.

Joltlord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tomrev said:
Joltlord said:
tk_saturn said:
Joltlord said:
I am going to wait until I know of any issues that could arise, I stayed away from 1.7 itself because of the reverting to default options that I could never fix
It's an issue with your MicroSD card rather than AKAIO 1.7. It's been determined that on some MicroSD cards there's a small amount of unallocated space, before and after the partition. You can use Gparted to resize the partition, there's a link in the AKAIO WiKi.

I never did understand gpart and also I couldn't find a tutorial for what I needed, they were all "windows reboot cd" types

It's very simple to use Gparted by minimal efffort

1) Use google to find gparted in ISO file format
2) Burn to CD by any CD Burner software or use google to find "unetbootin windows" or "Universal USB Installer" for make bootable USB
3) Set your computer to boot from CD or USB for booting gparted. There are a few command prompts, just press enter serveral times until show Gparted windows.
4) Insert the MicroSD that you need to resize and use menu -> refresh drive? (I'm not sure what it's called) .
5) Select the the correct drive for resize partition ( It's usually be sdb1 or whatever).
6) Right click on green bar and click on "Resize ..." pop-up menu.
7) Fill space around that partition, click OK and click Apply.

By the way, if you didn't get what I explain, stick on what it is.

Thanks for the easy step by step guide I just finished using gpart and now I will test whether it worked

EDIT: It worked perfectly, thanks

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
D34DL1N3R said:
Is that repack the same as the DQIV repack? If so, I already got it from the AKAIO forum link and Alice didn't work with a fresh install.
I did add the Alice loader to it, but it's easy enough to update the loaders yourself.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
D34DL1N3R said:
I did add the Alice loader to it, but it's easy enough to update the loaders yourself.

Great. Thanks again for all your hard work!

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
TO GBA PLAYERS: The 1.7.x series really has some improved compatibility with GBA games. Test ROMs you previously couldn't play.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
new loader is out:

Dated 07/15/10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes: "Fixed Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu~ (#5097).
Fixed Odoru Daisousasen The Game: Sensuikan ni Sennyuu Seyo! (#5098).
Fixed a couple of regressions.

http://akaio.net/loaders/

-another world

tomrev

Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
new loader is out:

Dated 07/15/10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes: "Fixed Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu~ (#5097).
Fixed Odoru Daisousasen The Game: Sensuikan ni Sennyuu Seyo! (#5098).
Fixed a couple of regressions.

http://akaio.net/loaders/

-another world
I just notice this update. AKAIO is the best. Thanks!!!!!!!!
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
UniqueGeek said:
tk_saturn said:
Is there no way AKAIO can check to see if there is an updated version or updated loaders when it starts up and then notify the user?
That would take an incredibly long time.
Why?

That's because you think Smiths is a very poor coder don't you? That's not very nice.
gbasp.gif

Personally I think he could easily do it. For example when you ask the WiFi plugin to update the loaders with the previous ooption, it will determine when the last loader update was and then count the days until it has it's previous 3/5 loaders.

Of course itdoesn't work, it results in a malloc error or a very longwinded way of getting AKAIO to power off the DS. I'm sure one day he'll fix it.

All it has to do is read a text file on the AKAIO server which will tell it the version of the last loader update, and compare that to the versoin it's using.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
UniqueGeek said:
tk_saturn said:
Is there no way AKAIO can check to see if there is an updated version or updated loaders when it starts up and then notify the user?
Why?

That's because you think Smiths is a very poor coder don't you? That's not very nice.
gbasp.gif

Personally I think he could easily do it. For example when you ask the WiFi plugin to update the loaders with the previous ooption, it will determine when the last loader update was and then count the days until it has it's previous 3/5 loaders.

Of course itdoesn't work, it results in a malloc error or a very longwinded way of getting AKAIO to power off the DS. I'm sure one day he'll fix it.

All it has to do is read a text file on the AKAIO server which will tell it the version of the last loader update, and compare that to the versoin it's using.
Nothing against Smiths, just the amount of time to connect to Wifi (even on legit carts) on a DS is longer than most people would want to have AKAIO to start.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just wanted to say thanks so much especially for the rpg fixes and enhancements... couldnt have wished for more.

Edit: I got excited before getting a chance to test it. This is crazy, another release another massive issue. Akaio doesn't seem to have been tested enough, if its even been tested at all on an RPG.
Previous saves are not recognised, the rpg version is therefore useless again (Not a small bug and should have been picked up before the final release if tested properly. Same thing with 1.7 and its choppy dma / slowdown).
Here is your report I cannot be bothered to write another when its just gonna get ignored then deleted everytime the forum is cleaned up http://gbatemp.net/t241521-previous-sav-fi...d-rpg-and-1-7-1

Akaio team shouldnt waste anymore of their time on the extra work required for the rpg if noone is gonna test it properly first. We can never enjoy these releases so whats the point? Concentrate on the ak2 and ak2i, this is just a waste of your time and your rpg users time.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
UniqueGeek said:
tk_saturn said:
Why?

gbasp.gif

Buh?
The previous versions thing is a little hosed between the server moves we've done and my general apathy. When we were updating loaders daily and wifi daily (before fuckers hacked the akmenu to put on other carts and we constantly had to update that), it was useful.

now, one change in akmenu4 or the loader's encryption itself can render previous versions useless.

It's not removed because it's required for the egg.

i love saying that... the egg is mainly something I wanted to put in for myself for a while because i got sick of taking the MicroSD out and in when I did builds.

It's one less thang.

Oh and to answer your question: nope, never gonna be a "check for a newer version on startup"

Wifi on DS is flaky enough as it is, I don't need to force connections when one isn't needed. Just random be bored, load up the wifi plugin and check for yourselves.

I don't hold the toilet paper to your anus and tell you to jiggle, do I?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Someone on the Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 3rd Story thread said that the game did something to their firmware using 1.7.

This didn't happen with mine using 1.7.1, but all I got was a white screen.
It's another 4096Mb ROM like Love Plus Plus, Inazuma Eleven etc. Only seems to affect some people, so won't be from an issue AKAIO.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:

Okay. Previous version stuff is fixed, wifi plugin committed and can be downloaded.

Regarding storing the previous version... that would involve writing a random text file on the akaio card with the date and then reading that each time, etc.

personally, the less files I'm putting on a card, the better.

We don't give a damn what version of AKAIO you're running. Before anyone says anything about any problems, we require everyone to have the latest AKAIO, latest loader, and latest Wifi plugin.

If you don't manually check that for yourself before complaining, then too bad.

Smiley Faces.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free