AKAIO v1.6 RC1

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright found a bug. And fixed the issue I had earlier. Save files have to be .sav not .SAV

Actually I am not really sure. I just went to my NDS folder in my MicroSD and found out that I have 2 save files of Tetris both with the same exact name and file extentions.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The save file deleted for Mario kart because of that AKAIO bug. But good thing my M3 Zero saved it using the backup old Save file feature it has. We need a feature like that for AKAIO.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
phoenixgoddess27 said:
wabsta said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
wabsta said:
wabsta said:
Yay, well, let's hope this one works on my AK2.1.
Last version + latest official version didn't work..
Nope, still stuck on loading...

Have you tried re-formatting? Try taking everything off the card and putting them on AKAIO first. It's what I had to do after formatting it.
Believe me, I have tried everything..

How old is your Acekard?
From around january this year.

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
The soft reset on homebrew is one of the features I'm very happy about, but it seems to be very hit-or-miss for me. The first three homebrews I tried it didn't work at all, in IRQ or SWI mode. I've found a couple that it does work on, so I know the feature is working for me, but sadly it's my favorite HBs that don't seem to be compabible with it.
frown.gif

Very happy about everything else though. Big thanks to Normmatt, Smiths, and the whole AKAIO team!

-Atashi

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Already found a 'bug' when running Moonshell (actually 2) - posted on AKAIO forums but thought I'll ask if anyone else has had them

If you have 'Soft reset' switched on - Moonshells 2.09 fails to start (Bottom screen reports there' a problem with Arm7/9 code)

Also I HAD Moonshell 'fixed' (The 'overlay' & renamed 'nds.akaio.nds file method) to run Commercial ROMs - but it now doesn't work - I'm guessing it's because nds.akaio.nds was based on older devkit. Is ther a workaround (other than ndslink method)

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
At first I though this was a bug but it was just my stupidity.

You know how MoonShell 2.10 has its own softreset that you have to set up for AKAIO by copying the akmenu4.nds, renaming it to RPGS.nds, and copying to SD:/moonshl2/resemse? Well if you're like me you just copy over the system files whenever there's a new firmware. I completely forgot that RPGS.nds was from the previous release, AKAIO 1.5.1. I ran Moonshell 2.10 and softreseted; when I got back to AKAIO main menu and went under System Options, the Homebrew Softreset option disappeared because it never existed in AKAIO 1.5.1.

Basically what I'm saying is take the new akmenu4.nds, rename it, and overwrite the old RPGS.nds in the appropriate location to avoid this problem.

Awesome release AKAIO Team, love the homebrew softreset works wonders.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
Just tested some stuff out, and for some reason when I boot up Tetris it made a new SAVE file. But I just ran bejeweled and it didn't make a new save file.

God dam it did the same thing to New Super Mario Bros. And I had such a good score in that game.

Jakob95 said:
Alright found a bug. And fixed the issue I had earlier. Save files have to be .sav not .SAV

Actually I am not really sure. I just went to my NDS folder in my MicroSD and found out that I have 2 save files of Tetris both with the same exact name and file extentions.

QUOTE(Jakob95 @ Mar 10 2010, 12:26 PM)
The save file deleted for Mario kart because of that AKAIO bug. But good thing my M3 Zero saved it using the backup old Save file feature it has. We need a feature like that for AKAIO.

I happen to have those games in my SD. I checked them all and I didn't lose a single save.

Check your shit before claiming you found a bug.

It makes everybody else's life easier.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pendor said:
I happen to have those games in my SD. I checked them all and I didn't lose a single save.

There's no reason to be rude.
You BOTH provided anecdotal evidence to support there may be an issue with AKAIO 1.6, geez.
mellow.gif

Just because you don't have a problem, doesn't nobody else did!

Anyway, I'm thoroughly impressed with AKAIO 1.6, games perform much better now!
Slow bits in pokémon platinum are gone, item scrolling is much much faster.
Bowser's inside story is back to full speed, piracy fix intact and battles loading properly.
Game loading is, somewhat slower, but considering games play more accurately that's superb!

Yay, yay, yay.
smile.gif

Although unfortunately, I experience a bug in folder browsing. Sometimes AKAIO will freeze up when I navigate around folders, I can't think why...

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I do not use homebrew much, but for the game loading part I did not discover any problems. Works pretty much the same as the previous final releases. Great work!

suicidaltaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pendor said:
Jakob95 said:
Just tested some stuff out, and for some reason when I boot up Tetris it made a new SAVE file. But I just ran bejeweled and it didn't make a new save file.

God dam it did the same thing to New Super Mario Bros. And I had such a good score in that game.

Jakob95 said:

QUOTE(Jakob95 @ Mar 10 2010, 12:26 PM)

I hate to say this, but the man is right. Loaded up 1.6RC1 in excitement and this happened to me exactly as he describes it on the first game I tried. My old save files are as "SAV" and this creates new ones as "sav" while ignoring the old. "Feel the Magic - XY-XX (U).SAV" and "Feel the Magic - XY-XX (U).sav" for example. The only difference being uppercase vs lowercase.

I have no doubts this is going to be ironed out quickly though. AKAIO team, you rock, I love you.
biggrin.gif

EDIT: CMD Prompt > ren *.SAV *.sav
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.