• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oli181

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm not sure if this is a problem with ak's new cheat engine or AIO but when i go into the cheat menu with games like dragon quest joker or pokemon mystery dungeon - explorers of darkness with the heaps of cheats (choosing what the monster will appear in joker and choosing your partner in pokemon) the ds freezes on me even when i deleted the cheats it still froze

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Oli181 said:
i'm not sure if this is a problem with ak's new cheat engine or AIO but when i go into the cheat menu with games like dragon quest joker or pokemon mystery dungeon - explorers of darkness with the heaps of cheats (choosing what the monster will appear in joker and choosing your partner in pokemon) the ds freezes on me even when i deleted the cheats it still froze

Can you provide more details, like if your using an AK2 or AKRPG, and If that freeze is indeed caused by a single cheat. If it is caused by a single cheat please post it so we can address it.

Gevexx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Smiths said:
You should be really thankful it's a friggin' hot as balls day outside and I've been just in that "zone" for it. I just put in per-file icons.

It's similar-ish to pogoshell. Anything can have a custom icon, just make sure it's the same name as the file but with BMP extension. If a BMP exists in the same directory, it overrides all, including the internal icon.

Goddamn I'm in the zone far too much.

Woho thx man, i think it will be a great addition to Acekard.

Oli181

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm using an acekard2 and i dont really know if its those cheats causing the problem (they aren't single cheats there's a code for every monster an pokemon) i just made the asumption since they had heaps of cheats and were not working and others with less codes did work, it could be something unrelated

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
IF your trying to activate all the cheats at once, depending on how many cheats it is the game will just crash. Because of the limited space we have to work with in the nds the max amount of cheats can only be about 2/3kb iirc, so if the amount of cheats your trying to activate exceeds that then you will have problems, We should really add a check too give a warning or better yet an error if you try to activate too many cheats at once.

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
VatoLoco said:
Normmatt said:
You can just copy your akmenu4.nds and __aio folder too the nand and it will work on the akrpg without changing any settings. Save files might be an issue as the AK2 by default uses 512kb for saves, the AKRPG uses only the space required by the specific save type.

I recently got an RPG, and all my AK2 saves have worked.
The RPG overwrites the 512kb saves to the various sizes it uses.

....and for the record, WAFFLES.

so the RPG just converted the saves to be suitable?
If this is so: kewl =D

And AKAIO Team: COuld you may add a option to view .nds + .gba files or .nds + .txt + .dsm +.gba? so that you could view all files AKAIO has plugins for? It would be amazing if you could involve this!

also the NDSL backlight cheats make my games not startable until I deactivate them (using a AK 2)

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Sadly, I don't have an NDSL so i can't test to make sure they are working, but if you post a backlight cheat here i will try to find the problem.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Raki said:
also the NDSL backlight cheats make my games not startable until I deactivate them (using a AK 2)

Backlight codes have never worked. RPG or AK2. There were engines where the game would load if they were enabled, but they never actually worked.

And in regards to slow-mo to agree with Normmatt's thing.

Slow motion is nice; it's awesome Norm got it working in the first place in AKBBS 1.9 (and the initial AKAIO that we can't release because of other issues).
However, it relies on code that the AK team keeps modifying with each release.
It would be nice if, ya know, the AK team put it in themselves and, ya know, took responsibility for some of these options.

But if they did, I wouldn't be bitter and would still be posting on their forums. And lord knows I love being bitter.

Smiths

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Raki said:
And AKAIO Team: COuld you may add a option to view .nds + .gba files or .nds + .txt + .dsm +.gba? so that you could view all files AKAIO has plugins for? It would be amazing if you could involve this!

It loads plugins at initialization and bases the file list for those files off the ini file for plugins. So if your plugins.ini has TXT, DSM, etc in it, they'll show up even in "NDS" view. Also, the 3in1 check toggles the listing of GBA games by default as well.

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Smiths said:
Raki said:

It loads plugins at initialization and bases the file list for those files off the ini file for plugins. So if your plugins.ini has TXT, DSM, etc in it, they'll show up even in "NDS" view. Also, the 3in1 check toggles the listing of GBA games by default as well.

ok thx thought it would just show .nds files

Oli181

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Normmatt said:
IF your trying to activate all the cheats at once, depending on how many cheats it is the game will just crash. Because of the limited space we have to work with in the nds the max amount of cheats can only be about 2/3kb iirc, so if the amount of cheats your trying to activate exceeds that then you will have problems, We should really add a check too give a warning or better yet an error if you try to activate too many cheats at once.

I apologize for not explaining myself correctly. It's not the amount of cheats i have on because as soon i go to Start and Cheat with either game it freezes

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can you guys tell us a little more about the slow motion code implementation? Is the button just in the firmware just to tease people using it? Be honest. Looks like a joke to me.
tongue.gif

Or if it's not, is it easy to implement/what's holding you back from implementing it?

Thanks, was just kind of curios.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
golden said:
Can you guys tell us a little more about the slow motion code implementation? Is the button just in the firmware just to tease people using it? Be honest. Looks like a joke to me.
tongue.gif

Or if it's not, is it easy to implement/what's holding you back from implementing it?

Thanks, was just kind of curios.

As I've stated a few times now, Slow Motion won't be implemented as it requires changing the code which gets updated with every official release, Until theres a stable engine which doesnt need to be changed quite so often then I will implement it. The button was there because I originally had slow motion working on both the akrpg and the ak2 but since i updated both loaders there isnt any slow motion code it in and for the reasons above i wont be adding slow motion.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not to add any undue pressure, but when is AIO 1.1 expected? I'm interested in trying out the external loaders feature and I'm really keen on seeing Smiths' cheat checking on the ROM Info screen.

-Bri

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VatoLoco said:
If your really itchin' to try out the slow motion (and have RPG, not AK2) then try AKBBS 1.99 revision +88.
http://www.tvgame360.com.tw/attachment.php?aid=93627

@ Normmatt, I agree with you that the AK team needs to step up.
Ya, cool, I did want to try it but it didn't work for me. What do I do with the menu file? I just replaced my old on on the NAND of the RPG and I can't get the slow mo to work. I don't really care for the feature but it just looks very fun and amusing to toy around with. That's why I want to try it and I would like it implemented. I really don't care about using it to win games easier. It just looks like a REALLY fun toy. So how do I get that to work? ^

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VatoLoco said:
L, R + up = enable

L, R + down = disable

.....or vice versa
rolleyes.gif
I guess I should have stated that I tried that. I thought it was already assumed that I knew the button combo for it. I'm not that stupid.
rofl2.gif
But after trying that it still doesn't work.

Smiths

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
Not to add any undue pressure, but when is AIO 1.1 expected? I'm interested in trying out the external loaders feature and I'm really keen on seeing Smiths' cheat checking on the ROM Info screen.

-Bri

Heh, technically there coulda been a release by now.. but I had an idea and am working on it now.

It'll take a bit more implementation to be fully in there... but a hint is:

lalalawy6.jpg

ideas?

i need a new digital camera. HINT HINT
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.