Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'd have to say that the save type unknown is the cause, on the rpg i really need to implement a save file check and if it exists to get the save size and set the save type correctly. This will probably be in AKAIO 1.1 whenever that gets released.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That would make things easy but what happens if+when a save type doesn't previously exist? When I have some more time I'll check through some games to see if manually setting save type will keep the saves.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joey90 said:
AKAIO plays DSM video
wink.gif

It looks pretty cool... Though the file sizes are pretty big
frown.gif

That's the problem with most other formats -- they tend to be larger file sizes. I wonder if there's a standalone DPG player that could be made into a plug-in for AIO.

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
From what I've been told, the Acekard team are merging Bliss' code into the official release (ohhh hell no) which means i won't be using the official loader unless i absolutely have too. I will probably add something like external loader support like bliss did, as it means i dont have to release an update everytime the official loader is updated.

That would definitely be the way to go. I'll continue to use AIO because it will almost certainly have better features and a better menu layout than the official one, but it would be nice to be able to use the latest loader without you having to update AIO each time.

-Bri

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
For some reasons, I can't seem to get it to work, I keep getting a blue top screen on start up, and it hangs with the 3 icons and the start button at the bottom screen. My AK2 is working perfectly when I rolled back to official or bliss firmware, anyone knows what goes wrong?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think it's looking for a skin you don't have in the "__aio/ui" folder. Copy your old globalsettings.ini or look to see if it made a new one, and if so, manually change the skin to one that you have in the "__aio/ui" folder. Or just copy and paste this into a file (make sure you change the value of uiName to a skin that you have).

[system]
uiName = Adv.Evo
fileListViewMode = 0
brightness = 2
language = 0
langDirectory = lang_en
fileListType = 0
romTrim = 1
downloadPlayPatch = 0
cheatingSystem = 0
resetInGame = 0
SlowMotion = 0
Shortcut = 0
ShortcutPath = none
ShortcutStr = none
ShortcutLongPath = none
useFAS1 = 0
scrollSpeed = medium
norMode3in1Exp = 0
rumbleStrength = 0
autorunWithLastRom = 0
romNameTypeInList = 1
showHiddenFiles = 0
cheatsDB = fat0:/__aio/cheats/usrcheat.dat
deleteSAVtoo = 0
copySAVtoo = 0

-Bri

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why didn't people seem to have this sort of problem with the other loaders, considering the same exact thing happened if you executed them but lacked the designated skin under globalsettings.

It sounds like a good idea for a feature: detect the skin directory prior to loading it, if not default to whichever directory is first?

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
Bri said:
I think it's looking for a skin you don't have in the "__aio/ui" folder. Copy your old globalsettings.ini or look to see if it made a new one, and if so, manually change the skin to one that you have in the "__aio/ui" folder. Or just copy and paste this into a file (make sure you change the value of uiName to a skin that you have).

[system]
uiName = Adv.Evo
fileListViewMode = 0
brightness = 2
language = 0
langDirectory = lang_en
fileListType = 0
romTrim = 1
downloadPlayPatch = 0
cheatingSystem = 0
resetInGame = 0
SlowMotion = 0
Shortcut = 0
ShortcutPath = none
ShortcutStr = none
ShortcutLongPath = none
useFAS1 = 0
scrollSpeed = medium
norMode3in1Exp = 0
rumbleStrength = 0
autorunWithLastRom = 0
romNameTypeInList = 1
showHiddenFiles = 0
cheatsDB = fat0:/__aio/cheats/usrcheat.dat
deleteSAVtoo = 0
copySAVtoo = 0

-Bri
Doesn't work. Shouldn't be that because I have replaced the whole system folder with the one came in AIO zip.
frown.gif
I think it doesn't detect my __aio folder at all, I tried to remove it from the root and get the same result, I am using flashme, wonder if that is the problem...

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"just little things like X isnt to make cheats"
--the hell?

Name one video game where the X button was the main button. Please, just name one.

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
Smiths said:
jaywilson said:
not in a game,

in the menu....

to each their own man.. I didn't like having to hit X like 4 times to get to a cheat window myself.
Smiths(or Normatt), the firmware probably isn't compatible with flashed DS, can you please look into that? I can't find another reason why it isn't working here.
frown.gif

ciropizza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Kellicros said:
frown.gif
I think it doesn't detect my __aio folder at all, I tried to remove it from the root and get the same result, I am using flashme, wonder if that is the problem...

maybe you could post us your globalsettings.ini. or, even better, you could compare the one you get with AKAIO and bliss' one. maybe this could help coders to investigate...

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
ciropizza said:
Kellicros said:
frown.gif

maybe you could post us your globalsettings.ini. or, even better, you could compare the one you get with AKAIO and bliss' one. maybe this could help coders to investigate...

Doesn't matter really, I have tried replacing globalsettings.ini with the one provided by Bri, deleting the file, deleting the whole system directory and installed AIO from fresh, nothing helps, now the only thing left to do is reformatting my microsd, I guess.

QUOTE(Normmatt @ Jul 16 2008, 09:22 AM)
My firmware has been flashed since loopy first released flashme, I have had no problems what so ever.
Now that is really weird, I will try reformatting my microsd later, thanks for the confirmation though. :|

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
@ kellicros, I had a little trouble running AIO on my AK2. This is what I did
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=942...t&p=1270157

I usually have my SDHC fprmatted with the Panasonic formatter.

I couldnt get AIO to run utill I used the windows formatter on my card.

For some reason AIO doesnt like how Panasonic formats.

Gevexx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there a possibility to add Filename-based external icon support ? i want to give my GBA Games and/or Homebrew a nice Icon like the NDS ones.

But still, great job. Will try it out as soon as i get my Acekard 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?