AKAIO questions (as well as general Acekard 2.1 questions)

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by DMPugh, Dec 11, 2008.

1. DMPugh
    OP

Newcomer DMPugh Advanced Member

Canada
    I should be getting my Acekard 2.1 in the mail tomorrow, and I am going to install AKAIO on it because I'll also be getting a 3-in-1 in about two weeks from dealextreme. I just have a few questions about it though.

1) How is it for game compatibility? On par with the official release firmware? Better? Worse?

2) Do the AKAIO files get flash to the Acekard? If so, is it easy to revert to the official firmware if I run into problems?

3) Does Acekard plan on implementing 3-in-1 support in the future?

4) All I want to do is play NDS and GBA roms. Nothing fancy (cheats, slowmo, video, etc). Is there anything else I need to put on the card other than the AKAIO firmware, or should I be all set?

Any feedback is appreciated. I'm not a noob to flashing hardware (I've owned a Supercard Lite and CycloDS Evolution in the past), but I'm just mostly curious on how Acekard handles its updates. Any info you can give me is greatly appreciated!

2. Count Duckula

Member Count Duckula .

Australia
    1. AKAIO lets you use the loader from the latest 4.12 official firmware release, so compatibility is just as good as the official (plus it has soft reset fixes etc that the official does not so perhaps better than the official).

2. The AKAIO files are only stored on the microSD and can be updated/deleted as easily as updating/deleting the official firmware from the microSD.

3. I believe it already supports the GBA functionality of the 3-in-1.

4. Just the official firmware or AKAIO, your ROMs and that's it.

3. DMPugh
    OP

Newcomer DMPugh Advanced Member

Canada
    Thanks for the response! I had no idea the official Acekard software supports 3-in-1. In that case, I might as well just use it over AKAIO.