Hacking Akaio Private/Developer Beta updated from 1.8.8b to 1.8.9 and more

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, that's the thread. My comment is located on page two. There are quite a few forum members who support the idea. I do hope Normatt and Smiths take it into serious consideration. It could be like Bagplug on the supercard dstwo. You can pick an .mp3 for a start up track or you can leave it without a sound track. This option is extremely cool! :D

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Umm... we added kinetic scrolling a while ago...

Touchscreen scrolling, no? Smartphone style?

Did we remove custom icon support? Man I forget....

i see it in the source still, so are you sure it's not working?

Regardless, new release should be this week if all goes well yay game fixes and whatnot.

Reactions: 1 person

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Regardless, new release should be this week if all goes well yay game fixes and whatnot.

In AKAIO 1.8.8 custom extension icons don't show up I stand corrected on the kinetic scrolling, my apologies Smiths. If you find time try to do a custom icons on AKAIO 1.8.8 and you'll see what I'm talking about. Thank you for responding Smiths. :D

Smiths

Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States

In AKAIO 1.8.8 custom extension icons don't show up I stand corrected on the kinetic scrolling, my apologies Smiths. If you find time try to do a custom icons on AKAIO 1.8.8 and you'll see what I'm talking about. Thank you for responding Smiths. :D

I know we have "per file" icons... like if you have "Bob is a loser.nds" and put "Bob is a loser.bmp" in the same directory, it'll use that as the icon.

I forget the generic icons for NDS/GBA and whatnot.... did we ever have that? Interesting if not.

And yeah we know it's been a little while without a release. Last loader update was in September and last AKAIO was August or something.

Heavy real life for both of us but seems calm enough.

Lot of game fixes were just committed to the repository.... 20 it looks like.

And regarding the startpu sound... I won't be putting that in. Norm could if he wanted to... but I won't :)

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I know we have "per file" icons... like if you have "Bob is a loser.nds" and put "Bob is a loser.bmp" in the same directory, it'll use that as the icon.

I forget the generic icons for NDS/GBA and whatnot.... did we ever have that? Interesting if not.

And yeah we know it's been a little while without a release. Last loader update was in September and last AKAIO was August or something.

Heavy real life for both of us but seems calm enough.

Lot of game fixes were just committed to the repository.... 20 it looks like.

And regarding the startpu sound... I won't be putting that in. Norm could if he wanted to... but I won't :)

Yeah those icons placed in the same folder that you've just mentioned work fantastic. It's the file extension .bmp (s) that I'm directly speaking about (ex. txt.bmp, dpg.bmp) No love for the start up sound? Why? It could be cool but only if you had the choice which .mp3 you wanted to use. On AKAIO progress, you're right. Its been a good minute since the last updates, so I know people, myself included, are expecting perfection :P Just joking! But on the real, yeah it will be nice to see a new firmware update and new loader. Twenty games is quite a bit. Did Fossil Fighter's Champion make the cut? That's some screwy protection on that game, in regards to digging up rocks without fossils :D Thanks once again Smiths.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't suppose this update will bypass the 3DS block?

Of course it will :D
No, AKAIO is not the firmware update.
That's right it's the kernel. I'm so glad you pointed that out Rydian. If that post was aimed at pointing out that I said something incorrect then my response is.... I don't know what I would do without that post :rolleyes: If the comment wasn't aimed at me then :rolleyes:..... Just saying. What I'm saying is we will see an update to the what....wait for it....boot loader. Rydian, help me again...did I get that right (goes and looks for the wiki :P )

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Of course it will :D
No, AKAIO is not the firmware update.
That's right it's the kernel. I'm so glad you pointed that out Rydian. If that post was aimed at pointing out that I said something incorrect then my response is.... I don't know what I would do without that post :rolleyes: If the comment wasn't aimed at me then :rolleyes:..... Just saying. What I'm saying is we will see an update to the what....wait for it....boot loader. Rydian, help me again...did I get that right (goes and looks for the wiki :P )
Well, AKAIO got nothing to do with DSi/XL/3DS compability - that's what the Acekard team is still for.

Smiths

Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
that's firmware, we're system software.

acekard handles firmware and they typically do it well... considering they never advertise the AK2i is upgradable that way.

another commit just happened... we're at 30 games fixed yay.

also we don't have kinetic scrolling (the whole.. flick and it coasts with momentum)... we have inverted scrolling. it doesn't "scroll until momentum stops", but really... that's a nifty "tweak" but not a necessity.

Reactions: 1 person

Smiths

Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
yeah... we do thank you for sticking through this one. major things going on on all sides.

besides game fixes there's not a whole lot new inside AKAIO. little cleanups for better memory usages and whatnot.

it works. it plays games. yay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: