Hacking AKAIO - I don't think we're being fair here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
though it's been a long time since we've got an update from Normatt, I don't think people should keep posting things about him speeding up.
I mean seriously, he has a life too, and we should respect that.

And what would you like best:
An EXTREMELY buggy AKAIO with chances of bricks but with latest games?(okaaay, I'm exaggerating slightly...)
or
A new AKAIO with lots of new features, and no bugs.

What I'm saying is, we should respect normatt for the work he does. all we ever do is complain.

with WE I obviously mean, the people who do this stuff, this included me.

Let's wait patiently...

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
You certainly have seen the light
laugh.gif

He works for FREE so we can play games for FREE

All hail Normatt!!!
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think it's a case of people being unfair on Normmatt, but a case of idiot children who need to grow up.

When I see a release thread, I much rather read about what the game is about than morons complain about their entitlement to play some game.

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
emigre said:
I don't think it's a case of people being unfair on Normmatt, but a case of idiot children who need to grow up.

When I see a release thread, I much rather read about what the game is about than morons complain about their entitlement to play some game.
Agreed, in the recent release threads from the 100 pages there are 99 about the game not working on their card and maybe 1 about the game itself >.> And this includes the release post itself x3

Grizzleboy88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have faith in Normatt. At the end of the day, Kajdan is completely correct. What would we rather have? A hunk o' junk or a hunk o' funk? You decide, but Normatt will release his firmware when he feels is the correct time to do so. In the mean time, brush up on your original Scribblenauts skills. Have you completed every level? Have you unlocked all music? Avatars? Have you discovered all words?
cool.gif

Nickmoore

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Yep,the key is to be patient.

There's no need to hurry someone who works for free,since HE WORKS FOR FREE,U KNOW. xD

Just visit this section until the AKAIO receives an update.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I am not some stuck-up little kid that is impatient but come the #$%^ on!!

The last AKAIO release was when DQIX was released, that was back in JULY!
It is OCTOBER! What the hell!?! THREE MONTHS is a DAMN LONG TIME for not having a firmware update. Monthly would be a good update rate. Even if there are no games that are released in that month, there could be firmware bug fixes and the like.

Most of the recent games that I have been playing have been patched by ROM patches. If the Acekard teem was sticking to their advertisements on their product, this would not be necessary.

What I find most interesting is that the manufacturers that SHOULD BE UPDATING THE FIRMWARES are leaving it to Third Parties. Acerkad Team FAILS.

I am going to be doing some Major research before I decide on my 3DS flashcard purchase, I don't want my next flashcard to go R4DS on me and lose support.

As for people that think I am impatient, THREE MONTHS TAKES ALOT OF PATIENCE TO WAIT FOR AN UPDATE.
ONE MONTH is a LONG TIME to wait for a GAME FIX!
Here are some games that DO NOT work on AKAIO 1.7.1. clean right now.
-Okimaden (J) September
-Pokemon Black & White (J) 9/18/2010
-Etrain Odyssey III (U) Late September
-Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded (J) Late September
-Lufia: COTS (U) October 12th

Sure, I'll thank Normatt for all of the work that he has done with AKAIO 1.7.1, but you know who I need to thank for being able to play all the games except Lufa!?
ROUDOLPH!
As for the Four Heroes of Light, we can thank VENOM.

If I wasn't jobless I would have bought that damn supercard2 or whatever that has that auto-AP patching thingey, but knowing my luck, some crap would happen to SC then!

I know I saw Normatt post some responses that some problems to some games, "Pokefag Black and White" as I think he called it. Were fixed in AKAIO 1.8 which "Will be release soon." That post was around the 24th of September, its OCTOBER 13th. This is not a damn movie! Soon means within a week or so! What is there some kind of AK Bricking bug or something!? Was he busted by the cops? Or has he just become so lazy or fed up with releases that he is now WAY BEHIND and doesn't care anymore.

IMAO Acekard Teem should be paying Normatt so that he can release firmwares more often!

That's my post/rant/whatever.
Love it, hate it, read it, then go die...or not.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ Go make your own loaders. Tell us how it goes.

That's my post/rant/whatever.
Love it, hate it, read it, then go die...or not.

felixsrg

Temp's Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I still prefer that Normmatt takes all the time he wants to release a new version of AKAIO, maybe untill Golden Sun Dark Dawn (J) is out?

There are so many good games with AP coming out latelly, and is better to make a major release which fix them all, and not a fix today and a fix tomorrow and other fix when another game with AP comes out.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
DJ91990 said:
Sure, I'll thank Normatt for all of the work that he has done with AKAIO 1.7.1, but you know who I need to thank for being able to play all the games except Lufa!?
ROUDOLPH!
As for the Four Heroes of Light, we can thank VENOM.

so okay.... these games work on your acekard now through these other party's working on them right?

So... what incentive is there to release updates officially through AKAIO if they're working?

Let it be known, they are fixed in the latest builds of AKAIO... but what rush is there to release that now if we know they're playable in some way/shape/form?

I'd be more sympathetic if these things were 100% non-working and completely unable to be used on your Acekard product.

My understanding, however, is they can be patched and made to work.

So the complaint isssssssssssss? Other people shouldn't be helping you out to play these things? Only Normmatt should be responsible?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Three months may be a "long time" for an update but there's hardly been anything that doesn't work on AKAIO until recently. And having common sense, you're not gonna push out an update for a single game or two, but rather wait for all the games that will probably have AP come out, fix them all, and release one firmware that has fixes for all of them.

If you're really that impatient then you're a bitch. You're getting the games for free. You're getting the updates for free. If you don't like how AKAIO gets done then get a different cart or use the standard Acekard firmware which doesn't get updated any more.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey, RoxasIsSora, was that last post of yours needed at all? It does not state the subject at all!
All you did was take my valid points, and then just state how difficult you assume it is to create a loader. It is not that difficult at all if you know what you are doing, and if you have the source code. Two things that Normatt has.

Also, I just love, how you "Copied" my little saying at the end of my post.
Wow you sure ARE original!
You mad?

I do appreciate what in all that Normatt has done. It just seems to be ridiculous to not have release a FW/Lodaer update within the last three months.

I DO understand that reverse-engineering the anti-piracy software of some games is a bit difficult and that these things take time.

Anyway, in my last ORIGINAL POST, I was stating how I disapprove of Teem Acekard all together and how they should be the ones updating the firmware regularly and should not depend on a third party to further the success of their product.

Well, RoxasIsSora, I guess that makes you...A TROLL!

Now I am going to go back to playing Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded and finish this sucker on Critical mode.

-You Mad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm sleepy good night