The GBAtemp Robot
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
AKAIO Forums are not closed - They've moved
(Is it true - or just a clever copy??)
AKAIO Forums - down but not out !!!

It seems that many people think that the AKAIO Forums @ http://www.normmatt.com/forum/ have closed down for a while,
and visiting it you will only see
QUOTE said:
The forum will remain closed. Don't fear an announcement will be made shortly.

But it doesn't seem to be - Recently a PM was received from 'KevInChester' stating that a new site been registered

It seems the new address is now:
http://www.akaio.net/

Now who IS 'KevInChester' ? - I don't know, but he's not one of the AKAIO teams mentioned on the WIKI, but somehow he's found this site (or maybe he's been told by one of the team) - & it's either a 'mirror' or it is genuine, but looking through the post - everything 'seems' legit
Contributed by CannonFoddr

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's obviously just been moved, the domain was only registered on the 30th May. If you were making a dig at me in your other identical thread, when I started the 'normmatt hasn't paid his hosting fee's' thread, the site was down and said his account was suspended. Now the site is back up, he's obviously sorted the issue.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Given the WiFi plugin has also been updated, probably a new AKAIO release. Should be easy enough to find out, if the updated loaders don't work on RC2 then you know there's a new AKAIO.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
It's obviously just been moved, the domain was only registered on the 30th May. If you were making a dig at me in your other identical thread, when I started the 'normmatt hasn't paid his hosting fee's' thread, the site was down and said his account was suspended. Now the site is back up, he's obviously sorted the issue.
Are you talking about This thread ???
then ....No I wasn't taking a dig at you & I'm sorry if you thought that
frown.gif
-

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AKAIO 1.6RC2 with "new" loaders causes any commercial ROM or homebrew to freeze when trying to process the ROM. This potentially hints at a new AKAIO release soon but we don't know for sure - don't make any assumptions or have high expectations. Also I get a 404 when trying to download the WiFi plugin at http://akaio.net/wifi/.

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
It is genuine, didn't really intend for it to be posted though - but I guess no harm done. As for those loaders, can't see them working on the current release. The waiting game continues
smile.gif

I'm nothing to do with the betas, I just lurk in the chan.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
this was not to be made public yet. we are actually planning a real website for akaio. the new domain will host this site, eventually.

also 1.7 should be out soon, we are trying to have the site out at the same time but i don't think that will happen.

-another world

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
this was not to be made public yet. we are actually planning a real website for akaio. the new domain will host this site, eventually.

also 1.7 should be out soon, we are trying to have the site out at the same time but i don't think that will happen.

-another world
Just one question for you. Did Normmatt get to put those extra new features in AKAIO 1.7 for the public?

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
I did put that, then I removed it as I thought the fact I had sent it as a PM implied it was private. My fault anyway... Sorry.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Well, at the very least, now anyone who was worried about AKAIO being updated (which is silly) can put their minds at ease.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
To all the AKAIO development team and everyone else involved
...I'd like to sincerely apologize to the unintentional 'leak' that I did.
cry.gif

I did not want to spoil anything & I'm not making excuses -
  • I did not know the loaders had been updated on the site
    I did not know it was meant to be all 'Hush-Hush'
    I should've known better that PM's should remain 'Private'
All I wanted to do was to let people know where to go to find info about any existing AKAIO problems
(IIRC - there were also some people who wanted to know if their Ak were fakes as well)

Once again -
sorry2.gif
I can't say sorry enough for the trouble I've caused
cry5.gif

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
1.7... yay! 1.6 RC2 has been working fairly well for me, unlike the 1.5.x builds, so anything that adds to it should be cool.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
generally anything we talk about on irc is not for the public. it was originally a channel for a few beta testers but has grown. people there should know to ask before they run with something.

-another world

It happened, everyone knows, big deal, move on. >.>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool