AKAIO + EZV 3in1 EZ5C11: autorun GBA leads to white screen

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by yellowsnowcone, Nov 25, 2012.

1. yellowsnowcone
    OP

Newcomer yellowsnowcone Member

United States
    I gave away my EZ-Flash IV to a friend with an actual GBA, so figured I'd just go and replace it with a 3in1, and try to use the AKAIO integrated loader.

When first loading a GBA ROM to RAM, all is fine. Upon starting the DS the next time, it will show the loading text, then go to both screens being white. So, I have to stop it, and select the ROM again, each time, which is what I was hoping to not need with the integrated loader.

Saving works fine, the battery reads 3.22V, and it's a EZ5C11 model. There are no changes when using different AKAIO versions, nor different loader files. GBAExploader works fine.

What I'd like to know is if this behavior is a quirk of AKAIO's autorun with any 3in1 (fix: GBAExploader, just like I did with my IV), a problem with my 3in1 sample (fix: new battery or :unsure:), or a problem with EZ5C11 support in general (fix: get a phat one before they get too rare).

2. RodrigoDavy

Member RodrigoDavy GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    What you need to do is load the ROM to NOR rather than loading it to NAND. Try pressing Y instead of A when selecting the gba ROM you want to play

3. yellowsnowcone
    OP

United States
    AKAIO's autorun, when the last loaded file was a GBA ROM loaded into PSRAM, is what fails. NOR mode seems to work fine.

I want to know if this behavior is what should be expected for any perfectly healthy EZ-V 3in1, when used from AKAIO 1.8.6 to 1.9.0. If AKAIO either can't autorun to 3in1 PSRAM, or if that only works with certain homebrews, or memory carts no longer available, or something, that's OK. If it's not normal, is it likely a compatibility problem, marginal battery (3.2 should be OK, I'm pretty sure, but I can't just run the store and get a replacement), or hardware fault worthy of returning it?

4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
  5. yellowsnowcone
    OP

United States
    TY. It is not a 3in1+, as described here, but is a newer one.