Hacking AKAIO, but...

Philetus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello! I just got an Acekard today, and went to set it up, and now have what may be an incredibly stupid question; if it is, I apologize in advance.

All the setup guides and most of the topics here refer to AKAIO, which I've got set up now, but... why not use the Acekard official OS version 4.21 that's on the Acekard website? Hell, even THERE they link you to AKAIO... I'm just not sure why both exist.

Thanks for the wisdom.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
You have a choice of firmware, official and unofficial.

AKAIO 1.6 is the firmware you will need for game compatibility.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Philetus said:
All the setup guides and most of the topics here refer to AKAIO, which I've got set up now, but... why not use the Acekard official OS version 4.21 that's on the Acekard website? Hell, even THERE they link you to AKAIO... I'm just not sure why both exist.
Thanks for the wisdom.
Strangely, you were wise enough to install AKAIO after reading that it wasn't the official AK firmware, but somehow the information you had 'researched' stopped at explaining to you the benefits and differences of both the official & custom. There's countless threads in here to read about them. But, I guess you're all excited about your new toy and, heck, your 1st GBAtemp post!
toot.gif

Jemlee

Trophies
Website
www.arwingnet.co.cc
XP
Country
Here we go!
lecture.gif

Acekard official is ok ya noe.
wacko.gif

but AKAIO is basically the same except.....
blink.gif

Better compatibility
better menu load time!
more options!
better hombrew support!

so basically the only reason to think about the official at all is to use it's loader for playing wifi with other carts.
e.g. worms 2, ur friend has r4 u have acekard. then you generally need the official loader to play wifi with him ( at least from what i remember...)
ph34r.gif

Hope this helps!
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs